Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to Ask What Daily Chores/Errands Secretly Give You A Thrill?? :-)

(185 Posts)
HugoBearsMummy Wed 10-Apr-19 17:50:24

I'll go first!

Replenishing my baby changing bag at the end of the day- ie. filling with new nappies, wipes, topping up my formula powder pot, fresh Muslin cloth & bib all ready for the next day

Tidying the living room, plumping pillows etc before I go to bed so it's nice and tidy in the morning

This one's got to be popular- emptying the washing basket 🧺 --for all of five minutes!!
--
Turning down the beds and shutting the curtains making the bedrooms all cosy for night time

I know I know- I'm very sad! Would love to hear other people's! ....

Exhausted18 Wed 10-Apr-19 18:40:39

@FriarTuck

wink

www.littlewoods.com/addis-spray-mop-with-microfibre-flat-head/1600131418.prd?_requestid=210079&Ntt=spray%20mop

I got mine recently, love it. The novelty clearly hasn't worn off.

MissPollyHadADolly19 Wed 10-Apr-19 18:42:30

Yes I find if I put some in my bathroom sink and kitchen sink then in the morning everything smells fresh. Usually a kettle full of water + a little hot water then 2 caps full of zoflora. Sometimes I'll get carried away and use almost half a bottle (the small size) grin but it's well worth it, especially as we have an indoor cat and the litter tray can end up stinking in the morning!

Dumplingfan Wed 10-Apr-19 18:43:15

Pegging out, and also food shopping. I genuinely get quite excited by the prospect. blush

Dumplingfan Wed 10-Apr-19 18:43:38

Pegging our, and also food shopping. I genuinely get quite excited by the prospect. blush

sackrifice Wed 10-Apr-19 18:45:19

Mowing the lawn is like hoovering the garden isn't it? I love that.

LaurieMarlow Wed 10-Apr-19 18:47:06

I wouldn’t say it thrills me, but I actually like cleaning the bathroom compared to other tasks.

Nice and straightforward. Spray stuff, scrub, watch it sparkle.

Winterfellismyhome Wed 10-Apr-19 18:47:29

The food shop because i like using the little scanner gun and can avoid all human interaction smile

DianaPrincessOfThemyscira Wed 10-Apr-19 18:57:25

Absolutely nothing you madman.

Rockmysocks Wed 10-Apr-19 19:08:13

Finding a beautiful new fabric conditioner makes me excited to put a wash on.

Love smelling washing dried on the line.

Love having shower, hairwash, getting legs and underarms smooth, body lotion, fresh pyjamas then getting into a freshly made bed.

Jellyfloodagain Wed 10-Apr-19 19:15:35

The only thing that gives me any satisfaction is pegging the washing out and then standing in the kitchen doorway watching it for a while. I love to see a line full of washing all correctly hung up in size order.

DuggeesWoggle Wed 10-Apr-19 19:18:33

I quite like the food shop, didn't realise that counted. Never gets any cheaper and we seem to get through the food at a rate of knots. DS is only 3, dread to think what it will cost when he's 15!

MissPollyHadADolly19 Wed 10-Apr-19 19:29:34

@rockmysocks fabric conditioner is one of my guilty pleasures - even more so when my fave is on sale!

Treezylover Wed 10-Apr-19 19:34:08

Mopping with a steam mop. Utterly love it.

EjectorCrab Wed 10-Apr-19 19:39:17

I like bringing washing in from the washing line and folding it.
I like ironing bedding.
I like watering my houseplants.

ShitAtScarbble Wed 10-Apr-19 19:43:28

You are not my people.

<<leaves thread>>

😂😂

Nodancingshoes Wed 10-Apr-19 19:43:33

Pegging out makes me stupidly happy!

InsertFunnyUsername Wed 10-Apr-19 19:59:30

Absolutely fuck all.

Science9 Wed 10-Apr-19 20:03:29

Meal planning and then ordering the food shop online

MrsSeanBakedBean Wed 10-Apr-19 20:08:57

I love cleaning loos. Even if the rest of the housework lapses a lot bit, the loos are always sparkling.

I am weird, mind you.

HugoBearsMummy Wed 10-Apr-19 20:10:23

@DianaPrincessOfThemyscira mad lady 

@MissPollyHadADolly19 I'm stealing the Zoflora trick- thank you!

HugoBearsMummy Wed 10-Apr-19 20:11:40

@Rockmysocks yes yes to new fabric softener. I love taking massive sniffs of washing fresh out the machine lol 😂

NotFatTransslender Wed 10-Apr-19 20:11:55

I get a little twinge when I do mopping but unfortunately I need to hoover first which I hate!

Best case scenario - cleaning lady comes and hoovers, does a slightly shit job of mopping so I get to remop the already clean floor. Bliss!

willstarttomorrow Wed 10-Apr-19 20:12:21

I went to the tip the other weekend and it was amazing! Pulled up and as it was busy loads of happy, friendly employees just took things to the relevant skip as I unloaded. Just back from taking DD skiing and totally skint so plan a massive house clear out and tip run this weekend as nothing in the budget for activities.

TowelNumber42 Wed 10-Apr-19 20:12:27

Kitchen counters right after they've been wiped down are very satisfying.

Meretricious Wed 10-Apr-19 20:15:42

You are just mad.

I like laying the fire...and gardening. All else is strife.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »