Talk

Advanced search

To only have 90 mins liverpool airport to uni

(23 Posts)
Ceci03 Wed 10-Apr-19 14:45:46

So I have to be at Liverpool uni for 930 but flight lands at 8am. I can get a taxi but is it cutting it too fine? How long is the walk from plane. I think traffic will be light cos it's in the school hols, a Thursday. Anyone?

Bigearringsbigsmile Wed 10-Apr-19 14:46:42

taxi will be fine.
will you have just hand luggage?

RebeccaWrongDaily Wed 10-Apr-19 14:47:04

You can do liverpool airport to manchester uni in less than that.

Hoppinggreen Wed 10-Apr-19 14:48:12

The airport is pretty small and you can get out to a taxi pretty quickly
Should be fine

IceIceCoffee Wed 10-Apr-19 14:48:59

It’s plenty of time if you got out early enough you’d even be able to get a bus

IceIceCoffee Wed 10-Apr-19 14:49:40

But a taxi is the safer option as it’s direct

BillywigSting Wed 10-Apr-19 14:50:04

That's fine you can drive across the whole city in about half an hour it's surprisingly small. The airport isn't that big either, can get across it in about 15 minutes.

You'll be fine in a taxi, wouldn't chance it on a bus (though it might be just about doable if you only have handluggage)

Grundtal Wed 10-Apr-19 14:51:48

It should be fine, especially if you just have hand baggage. The airport is small and it's not far out of the centre, although there there are some roadworks atm. I just got home from the city centre (parked near uni) in under 45 mins with traffic and I pass the airport on my way.

MrsTerryPratchett Wed 10-Apr-19 14:51:56

Are you speaking or listening or working at Liverpool University? Because if I was speaking, I would want at least 30 minutes grace at the very very least. I don't like being stressed, sweaty and on time for things.

Ribeebie Wed 10-Apr-19 14:56:38

That's absolutely fine to get to Liverpool Uni from the airport.

Ceci03 Wed 10-Apr-19 16:02:20

Ah thanks everyone. Yeah just a handbag. Will chance it and save a nights accommodation the night before

JanetandJohn500 Wed 10-Apr-19 16:59:01

You're coming into Liverpool. Get talking to your neighbour on the flight and they'll probably offer you a lift into town, wait for you to do your interview, give you your tea and then drop you back to the airport with a picnic snack 😂

BillywigSting Wed 10-Apr-19 17:00:30

JanetandJohn500 isn't far off the mark actually grin

MrsTerryPratchett Wed 10-Apr-19 17:07:05

I miss that about Liverpool. sad

GeorgieTheGorgeousGoat Wed 10-Apr-19 17:11:04

What if the flight is delayed though OP?

ChicCroissant Wed 10-Apr-19 17:13:52

Ha, I am always the first to offer a lift to anyone and I do come from Liverpool! It must be a local thing!

PotteringAlong Wed 10-Apr-19 17:16:10

Unless your flight is late and then you’re knackered...

leccybill Wed 10-Apr-19 17:18:18

JanetandJohn500 is spot on.
As an exchange student, I once had a teary late night flight from France into Liverpool. I was ill, exhausted, hungry and homesick. A Scouse couple seated beside me produced a basket of picnic treats, chicken legs, pastries, you name it and told me to tuck in, saying 'you look like you need it, girl'. When we landed, they walked me down to my dad's car parked off-airport. So kind. Never forgotten and it was years back.

BillywigSting Wed 10-Apr-19 18:58:27

It really is one of the best things about the city. They don't have a reputation for friendliness for no reason that's for sure.

I was coming home from a night out as a student, didn't have money for taxi fare so decided to walk the six miles home (alone, along the dock road, like a total bell end).

A Hackney driver saw me about half way, said where was I going, I said I didn't have fare but where I was heading and he dropped me off and waited until I was inside before pulling off again.

I'd sobered up enough by that point to have a few of my wits about me and took his Hackney number in case he was a nutter.

I would go absolutely apeshit if I ever found out ds had done anything so stupid and dangerous mind you

Purpleartichoke Wed 10-Apr-19 19:10:45

What happens if your flight is delayed? If making that time is important, you need to fly in earlier.

Lunde Wed 10-Apr-19 19:20:12

TBH - I wouldn't risk it being so tight
- your flight could be delayed
- there might be be roadworks or accidents between Liverpool and Manchester that could significantly delay you (I had a very bad experience trying to get to Manchester Airport after a wedding earlier this year as a combination of roadworks and accidents meant that the 90 minute drive took over 4 hours)

Fiveredbricks Wed 10-Apr-19 19:40:15

Walk is about 20 minutes but depends on how long queue is at passport control. 40 minutes at 8.30am might be cutting it fine with traffic OP, to get from Speke to town. Even during Half Term. There is a fuckton of roadworks everywhere in South Liverpool at the moment too.

Fiveredbricks Wed 10-Apr-19 19:40:37

(I'm in Liverpool btw OP)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: