Talk

Advanced search

eyeliner with contact lenses

(15 Posts)
ambereeree Wed 10-Apr-19 11:35:46

Are there any good ones out there? I stopped wearing eyeliner as they all got on the lenses but this was around 15 years ago. I want to try a smokey eye before I'm too old grin

GinaCarbonara Wed 10-Apr-19 11:46:38

Is the problem that you're putting it on your waterline?

ambereeree Wed 10-Apr-19 11:48:30

Yes. That's exactly it. My eyes are pretty big so I can't line outside.

JacquesHammer Wed 10-Apr-19 12:01:32

I wear Avon Supershock Gel on top lashes, then underneath the eye, then use Kat von D's waterline liner.

pushingdaisies Wed 10-Apr-19 12:06:05

I wear contact lenses and I also wear a fair amount of eye makeup. The best ones I've found that work for me are this Revlon one this Loreal one
and this Avon one

I'd say the Revlon & Avon ones are a bit better as the actual eyeliner is softer, but the Loreal one lasts forever because it's a pencil

MrsGrannyWeatherwax Wed 10-Apr-19 12:08:07

Have you thought about liquid liner on the eyelids, some ultra fine options which don’t look over powering - boots has a great range of products to have a look at.

The waterline hard liners can appear to be aging sometimes... and if you put them too close it seems to bleed into the eyes

Iooselipssinkships Wed 10-Apr-19 12:08:17

Also vote Kat Von D and open your eye REALLY WIDELY. Or do the eyeliner then place the contact lens in.
If you want to try outside the waterline, a tiny bit of white eyeliner on the waterline works a treat.

Fishywife Wed 10-Apr-19 12:13:42

I only ever put it on my waterline and I have had the same Chanel kohl pencil for about 20 years. I used to wear contact lenses all the time and I have never had an issue. I pull my skin down to apply though.

Preggosaurus9 Wed 10-Apr-19 13:02:19

Do your make up first.

Wait a few mins to blink out any residue. Then apply contacts grin

Eliza9919 Wed 10-Apr-19 13:09:51

@Fishywife Wed 10-Apr-19 12:13:42
I only ever put it on my waterline and I have had the same Chanel kohl pencil for about 20 years. I used to wear contact lenses all the time and I have never had an issue. I pull my skin down to apply though.

Same make or same actual pencil? If its the same pencil you are probably lucky you aren't blind from some sort of infection.

Fishywife Wed 10-Apr-19 13:20:35

Same make or same actual pencil? If its the same pencil you are probably lucky you aren't blind from some sort of infection.

Haha! The same pencil! It's probably more like 10 years now I think about it properly. I consider the risk quite small, as it's a pencil that gets sharpened. It's not like mascara (which incidentally I will also keep using beyond the recommended timeframe, but never longer than 6 months).

BarberellaWife Wed 10-Apr-19 14:31:03

I hate kohl pencil so use an eyeshadow on my top and bottom lash line with a smudge brush. Looks much softer too which is better for a smokey eye!

TheQueef Wed 10-Apr-19 14:34:14

I wetline and wear contact lenses.
Make up first.
By the time I leave the house it's bled in my wrinkles and I have a wonderful Smokey eye.

BarryTheKestrel Wed 10-Apr-19 14:41:55

I use the Avon Glimmerstick as recommended above. Best one I've found and they are £2.50 at the moment!

ambereeree Wed 10-Apr-19 14:50:16

I'm far too shortsighted to do makeup first! Will try the eyeshadow as BarberellaWife suggested

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »