Talk

Advanced search

neigbours dog mess

(5 Posts)
Daisy20150 Wed 10-Apr-19 10:06:32

We have new neighbours that moved in downstairs. We rent from council, they private let) They have an old dog, and let it do its business in their gardens, but don't clean it up. I've mentioned it to them and a week later one of them went out and filled a black bag full of dog mess, since then its not getting picked up again. AIBU to want them to clean up after their pet, although it's not in my garden?

WearsABlackAndLongCoatWrong Wed 10-Apr-19 10:12:20

Do you have use of the garden, or is it for their use only? Whilst I agree leaving it is rank (we had neighbours who only used to do this once a week, and by day 5 it was pretty disgusting; but it was their garden and we only had to look at it), if you don't go in the space, you can't really complain about how they keep it or choose to use it.

Booboostwo Wed 10-Apr-19 10:13:14

I can understand it is smelly and unpleasant for you, especially in hot weather, but unless it's bad enough to get Environmental Health involved I don't think you can do anything about it.

GreytExpectations Wed 10-Apr-19 10:22:52

Its pretty grim of them to not clean it up but if its solely their garden and its not a shared area unfortunately nothing you can do about it

DeathyMcDeathStarFace Wed 10-Apr-19 10:48:28

Mention it to their landlord. If it is not to their landlord's satisfaction then surely they will do something about it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: