Talk

Advanced search

To think this is worrying - PIP?

(11 Posts)
Silverhype Wed 10-Apr-19 09:45:54

Applied for dd - changing from DLA to PIP - I am her appointee. We applied two weeks ago with tons of evidence and have just now had a phone call from an assessor going over the form in more detail. Nothing mentioned about a face to face interview. Just told there would be a decision in approx 3/4 weeks. I’ve been googling and some posts say it’s trickery and they’re trying trip us up and others say it’s a good sign. So confusing Anyone had this?

Thanks!

OutingOutlander Wed 10-Apr-19 09:49:35

Hi there,

The one time I didn't have an interview face-to-face I got PIP awarded in full. Lots of evidence means they can't really question awarding it, which is what they use the interviews to do. Good luck!

Silverhype Wed 10-Apr-19 10:07:52

Thanks for replying. That’s hopeful and I am glad you got what you needed smile

SweetSummerchild Wed 10-Apr-19 10:22:06

When I changed from DLA I didn’t have a f2f. I couldn’t be bothered to sort through my medical file for ‘relevant’ evidence so just photocopied the lot and sent it all in.

I didn’t hear anything for 7 weeks and then just got the letter from the decision maker saying it had been awarded.

Who knows what will happen at renewal though....

Bingandflop2019 Wed 10-Apr-19 10:24:02

They did this for me too whilst changing over. Don't panic. Check your bank in a day or 3. You'll prob find they pay you before you even receive the letter x

BoffinMum Wed 10-Apr-19 10:48:14

Same for my son. We had an extraordinary amount of perfectly filed evidence dealing with each point, and a consultant's letter stating he was far too ill to be interviewed and if it had to take place it would need to be with a carer present at all times in a carefully controlled environment at home. Awarded PIP straight away.

Home77 Wed 10-Apr-19 10:50:28

Sounds positive if no F2f...

flirtygirl Wed 10-Apr-19 11:21:18

It changed over from dla to pip, a couple of years ago for my daughter. I got a phone call asking really detailed questions. Two days later the award letter came through.

They said they did not want to see her as had read in the reports that she got upset, agitated and was sometimes violent.
All of that is true.

It was far easier than I had imagined but I included so much evidence and I wrote an essay for practically each section.

Catsandbootsandbootsandcats Wed 10-Apr-19 11:51:08

My son changed from DLA to PIP last year. They didn't phone me but did phone his school (he goes to a special school) and he got awarded enhanced care and mobility without an interview.

Silverhype Wed 10-Apr-19 19:33:57

These are all really hopeful. Just hope we are not the exception! I’m afraid I am the eternal pessimist.

BoffinMum Wed 10-Apr-19 19:53:45

I think they're better with DLA to PIP transfers for teens than other categories of applicant.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »