Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone got experience of using CBD cannabis oil?

(65 Posts)
bbcessex Tue 09-Apr-19 20:26:53

Hi all

Posting for traffic.
My 17 year old DD has a chronic condition that means she is in constant pain. She has a lot of medication but nothing very effective.

I’ve seen CBD in Holland & Barratt & read up what I can ... does anyone take it with success?

sirmione16 Tue 09-Apr-19 20:27:42

My cousin tried it for arthritis and other ailments with no effect

LellyMcKelly Tue 09-Apr-19 20:29:24

If it genuinely worked it would be behind the counter in a pharmacy. You might as well use olive oil.

SandraDea Tue 09-Apr-19 20:29:37

My DH bought it for his fibromyalgia- didn’t make any difference and was a waste of money

bbcessex Tue 09-Apr-19 20:40:41

😢😢😢 not looking hopeful so far then...

TheDarkPassenger Tue 09-Apr-19 20:40:52

I use it daily and find it helps a lot.

But then I used to use weed to calm me down when I was manic so it’s always been a calmer for me. A few other friends take it and swear by it for ibs/ibd

bbcessex Tue 09-Apr-19 20:41:36

Cross post, DarkPassenger

TheDarkPassenger Tue 09-Apr-19 20:41:48

You need to get a strong one though, online. It costs a fortune but helps my pain so much. Holland Barrett ones are too weak and won’t really do a lot tbh

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 09-Apr-19 20:42:42

I used it and it made me feel very sick and soooooooo tired. I only used a small dose too. It tasted vile !

TheDarkPassenger Tue 09-Apr-19 20:43:11

Sorry to post so many times but when it says take one drop I take about 3-5. It says build yourself up by I never did, surprised I didn’t neck the whole bottle because I was so beside myself with fibro and arthritis pain

Inbedbynine Tue 09-Apr-19 20:45:09

Sorry to butt in op but I was having a convo about this with a friend as o have fibro. I want to try it but read most aren’t strong enough to work, does anyone know where you can buy one that is strong enough?

Redglitter Tue 09-Apr-19 20:46:10

The Holland & Barrett stuff isn't worth trying. You need the stronger stuff you can buy online. It's about 10 times stronger. I've used it and I definitely think it helps. It's worth trying but as I say go for the strong version not H&B

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 09-Apr-19 20:47:21

Jesus,I'm glad I didn't try anything stronger than the H and B one!

Freewheelinlou Tue 09-Apr-19 20:48:46

I work in a pharmacy. We now sell it. It's been used for hundreds if not thousands of years for pain relief. I have a few friends with Ms, fibro myalgia and arthritis who have been using it for years and it helps them a lot.

peeblet Tue 09-Apr-19 20:49:31

Golden 1500mg full spectrum works for me but you get it online not from h&b.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 09-Apr-19 20:49:57

The reason I tried it was because a friend had great success with it. I'll try it again but a different make and use a tiny drop and work my way up slowly to a bigger dose.

bbcessex Tue 09-Apr-19 20:50:49

Thanks all.

Interested to hear everyone’s experiences (whilst simultaneously hoping for positives, of course 🤞🤞🤞)

I’m sorry that so many of you are in chronic pain.

DarkPassenger - tks for the info. I’ve bought her capsules.. it says One or Two a day, and one capsule is equiv to 8 drops of 2.75% oil

CheekyFuckersDontGetPastMe Tue 09-Apr-19 20:53:19

I joined a local Fb page that sells it, I’ve been watching in interest to help with anxiety.

MatildaTheCat Tue 09-Apr-19 20:57:59

I tried it and it wasn’t very effective. It was a good strength one bought online from The Netherlands. Then I suddenly had a very depressive episode, to the extent that I had real thoughts of ending all. I stopped the CBD and never took it again. I recovered quite quickly.

No proof they were related but I’m not going to try again to find out.

bbcessex Tue 09-Apr-19 21:29:00

Matilda - that must have been very frightening ❤️

bbcessex Tue 09-Apr-19 21:29:53

Cheeky - I never think of Facebook - I should check it out..

rainbowlou Tue 09-Apr-19 21:32:35

I use it daily. It tastes like shit but has helped me loads and I sleep so much better

OnlyJoking1 Tue 09-Apr-19 21:37:35

You can get stronger stuff on amazon, very pricy though £70s.
Ive yet to find one that works for me.
No good for the kids but you can get it in vape oil too.

TheDarkPassenger Tue 09-Apr-19 22:19:32

Oh I’ve never tried capsules! I might have to try when my stash runs low. The oil tastes like you’re chewing an oak table leg.. complete with varnish. But I have got used to it and actually don’t mind it now!

Dustyroad63 Tue 09-Apr-19 23:26:51

I have osteoarthritis in my knees and have been using 7 % cbd oil for the last month. It's been amazing and I've found a new lease of life. Before I didn't go out much as walking was so painful. Now I'm out and about like I used to be.
I started on a cheaper oil and used it for 8,weeks. It didn't work for me at all so worried cbd wasn't for me.
Then I switched oils and now I'm almost painfree.
I highly recommend trying it. I've also halved my antidepressants so win win.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »