Talk

Advanced search

To not let him use my car again

(12 Posts)
user12eg Tue 09-Apr-19 10:02:59

Last year I brought myself a nice car with some savings I had and have kept it pristine. Yesterday my boyfriend used it, he works in construction and his van was having its MOT, I've just got in my car this morning and it has been TRASHED
It stinks of smoke (I don't smoke) there is rubbish in the side bits of both front doors, 2 costa cups and a coke can in the passenger footwell and black dirty marks on the seats.

I'm fuming and he's asked to borrow it again tomorrow. If he can't it means he won't be able to finish the job he's working on. AIBU to say no sort yourself out a hire van!

user12eg Tue 09-Apr-19 10:03:36

Also he left it with no diesel in!!!

brodybear Tue 09-Apr-19 10:04:45

Well you could communicate with him and ask that he doesn't smoke In your car - although presumably you are a non smoker and he knows this so that's really disgusting of him to smoke in it. The rubbish aspect? 'Can you go take your rubbish out of my car?' Or 'don't leave rubbish in my car please' would probably cover it.

wink1970 Tue 09-Apr-19 10:05:29

Hell no! and he owes you a tenner for the drive-through handwash as well....

Seriously, that's really disrespecting you.

brodybear Tue 09-Apr-19 10:06:08

Sorry I missed the bit about dirty marks in the seats, what on Earth was he doing?

And I also missed the subsequent post about diesel 'fill it up when you are finished please'

It does sound like he has zero respect for you. Is this evident in other area of your relationship?

Fairylea Tue 09-Apr-19 10:06:25

Smoking in the car would be an absolute deal breaker for me. If he knows you don’t smoke then to do that is just ffing awful! I would be livid!!

I would say he can borrow the car just so he can finish the job but no smoking at all and he needs to pay to have it cleaned afterwards!

OhioOhioOhio Tue 09-Apr-19 10:07:12

Omg. Ten years ago I would have made excuses. Now I would dump him. I could not get past the total lack of respect.

Troels Tue 09-Apr-19 10:07:50

Hell no, and he owes you for the detailing to clean up all his crap. Make him rent a van for the day.

Amongstthetallgrass Tue 09-Apr-19 10:08:09

My DH is similar. We have to car share at the moment - it could lead to a divorce...

TheFaerieQueene Tue 09-Apr-19 10:08:30

He doesn’t respect you OP. I’m pretty sure you have other issues too. I think you need a relationship spring clean.

Duchessgummybuns Tue 09-Apr-19 10:13:27

Errr no YANBU, if you borrow someone’s property you respect and look after it, simple as that.

OhioOhioOhio Tue 09-Apr-19 10:14:58

Yeah I've thrown out my stbxh who quietly spent 10years sabotaging my efforts and success. He's a jealous, insecure, nasty, selfish pig. Imagine a platonic friend had behaved the same way?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: