Talk

Advanced search

I found some money...

(206 Posts)
cooksomeeggs Tue 09-Apr-19 07:32:24

We are currently on holiday, arrived yesterday. Had to make up the beds and when I pulled the mattress up, I found an envelope with £175 in it. On the front of the envelope it had a woman's name on it.
Obviously someone has left this behind and I would have been devastated if I had lost that amount of money. My husband and I agree that if we handed it in (to the complex/police), it probably wouldn't reach the owner. Would I be unreasonable to give the money to my friend who is raising money to support a charity?

Namechangeforthegamechange Fri 12-Apr-19 01:01:07

They will assume the cleaner found and kept it. If you hand it in it won’t ever get to it’s “owner”

RubberTreePlant Fri 12-Apr-19 01:16:19

* Obviously someone has left this behind and I would have been devastated if I had lost that amount of money. My husband and I agree that if we handed it in (to the complex/police), it probably wouldn't reach the owner. Would I be unreasonable to give the money to my friend who is raising money to support a charity?*

Right because if you had lost £175, and were devastated, you'd want the finder to make NO attempt to get it back to you whatsoever and give it to some random charity of their choice instead? hmm

pineapplebryanbrown Fri 12-Apr-19 01:27:31

Could your husband have really quickly had a quiet and discreet drug dealing prostitute at the property while you were unpacking? It's a bit creepy that he paid her using a Hallmark envelope.

Hyrana Fri 12-Apr-19 08:22:49

Aww OP, you said hidden under the mattress then changed it to fallen down the back of the bed. Why?

Storminateacup74 Fri 12-Apr-19 08:32:35

I once found a wallet with £250 on the bus. I almost handed it in to the bus driver but I actually thought he would probably pocket it (awful thought I know but I just didn't know if I could trust him) the wallet was a nylon star wars one so I realised was prob a teenager /man. I worked out when we got on the bus there was a bunch of foreign students getting off so I took the wallet to this language school and tracked down the owner. He wasnt very grateful when he got it back though!! I would do everything you can to find the owner but no I wouldn't hand it in to the complex without proof that they have it as very easy for them just to pocket it.

cooksomeeggs Fri 12-Apr-19 08:32:48

@Hyrana I never said it was hidden under the mattress. Have a go at reading the whole thread. It's explained there. Have a great day!
@thighofrelief101 thank god for your common sense. Have you seen hallmarks new range of "thank you to my prostitute" cards? They're right under "you're the greatest teacher range. Feel free to check it out. You might like it!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »