Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Well I am & I don't care!!

(10 Posts)
Katymac Fri 13-Jul-07 11:17:48

DD started at middle school last September - they had a cafe system for school lunches

After a few weeks of nervousness & mistakes DD loved it. She could choose soup or a sandwich or a baked potato or a meal

School dinners had always been a bit of an arguement before but now she could decide in the morning whether to have dinners or packed lunches and felt very grown up

Just got a letter stating that from Sept they are going back to booking on a Monday what lunches you want and paying for them (£1.90 a day) - so all choice has gone & it's just a dinner no soup or sandwich or baked potato

DD is gutted & anticipate going back to the arguments of previous years

Nah!!

Wisteria Fri 13-Jul-07 11:20:10

YANBU - it's really bloody annoying when they keep changing rules, for everyone!

cornsilk Fri 13-Jul-07 11:20:13

Rally the parents together and get the sensible system back!

Katymac Fri 13-Jul-07 11:39:56

I don't think a campaign would work

It's all about catering contracts

But DD & I used to regularily argue about what she would have for lunch (eg booked in for packed wanted dinner & vice versa) And all I can see is stress

Wisteria Fri 13-Jul-07 11:46:04

Katymac - how old is your dd?

If she's the independent type, would she consider choosing and making her own packed lunch, if feasible she could even buy what she needs from the shop and it could be as simple as sandwiches or a chicken salad etc.

LittleLupin Fri 13-Jul-07 11:48:33

Wisteria makes a good point - I know packed lunch is by necessity cold (although soup in a flask?) but if you let her design her own menus, perhaps, choose what she wants to have each day... would that help?

Wisteria Fri 13-Jul-07 11:51:05

I did it with my headstrong one! we went to the shop together, I gave her money and then she went home and made stuff she chose. I helped with homemade soup etc and cutting things up but it was amazing how quickly the arguments stopped. So did the making her own lunch incidentally, I think it was just that she hated having choices made for her. She decided she'd rather I made it in the end as the novelty wore off.

Katymac Fri 13-Jul-07 11:53:01

She already does that

We have the probelm that on Sun night we say lunch MW&F
Dinner T&Th (eg)

The on Wed she wants dinner

Stupid child

Wisteria Fri 13-Jul-07 11:57:29

You have my sympathy! Really difficult - it's clearly the control she's after though, only other way is to just ignore it and send her/ give her teacher the money or the lunch and tell her the problem.

Katymac Fri 13-Jul-07 15:17:19

Hmm - I might have too - or go all packed lunch or all dinner

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now