Talk

Advanced search

To say no to anymore vistors for newborn

(28 Posts)
icecreamsun Mon 08-Apr-19 21:47:11

I had DD a week ago, we've been home for 5 days and since then everyone wants to visit. I don't mind our closest family and friends visiting but I have relatives messaging me that I rarely see and have never made the effort and old friends I barely hear from asking if they can visit. I don't want to seem rude but I honestly don't feel like chatting with them for hours when they said it would only be a quick visit. WIBU to have a week or two to myself with DD and DH? And how can I let people down gently?

Gatehouse77 Tue 09-Apr-19 10:26:32

When ours were about 3 weeks old we did a very informal welcome party over an afternoon. Tea and little sandwiches/cakes for around 3 hours. All done in one fell swoop - much easier!

icecreamsun Tue 09-Apr-19 10:42:48

@Doorway I am somewhat thankful but if she's going to be old news soon and they won't bother coming to visit her when she's older and maintaining a relationship with her then visiting her as a newborn doesn't really mean anything

Owwlie Tue 09-Apr-19 18:14:28

if she's going to be old news soon and they won't bother coming to visit her when she's older and maintaining a relationship with her then visiting her as a newborn doesn't really mean anything

This is so true OP. I didn't want some extended family to visit when I had DD, but gave in due to my DM pressuring me. They've never asked to visit since (she's nearly 2 now), they just wanted photos to put on Facebook!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »