Talk

Advanced search

Night feeds at 13 months??

(6 Posts)
Sophiaf1 Mon 08-Apr-19 21:33:27

I’m new to posting on this & would lovve some thoughts/advise from other mums! My daughter is now 13 months & is up moreforfeeds now than when she was younger. It happens atleast twice most nights but only drinks about 2/3oz of a 9oz bottle and goes back to sleep. Throughout the day she eats EVRYTHING literally, she never goes long without food in her hands (especially strawberries or bananas). So i am not sure why she still wakes so often for milk as she is always eating so should be full? She has been walking since 9months and is a very very active baby but I cant figure out why she feeds more now during the night sad any help would be fab! not so much to stop it but just an insight as to why!

TabbyMumz Mon 08-Apr-19 21:49:08

She is waking up out of habit. If you stop feeding her in the night, she will stop waking. You will have a couple of bad nights trying to get her off without a feed, but it will work. Mine stopped feeding in the night pretty early days, 12 weeks with my first.

TerribleTwosPhase Mon 08-Apr-19 21:52:01

Agree with pp it's most likely habit. I offered dd water at night after she was around 13 months and she stopped waking up as frequently. It might be hard for the first couple of nights but that should help

TabbyMumz Mon 08-Apr-19 21:59:25

Yes, one or two nights of just offering water instead of milk, mine stopped waking up.

JK2012 Mon 08-Apr-19 22:08:12

Definitely a habit and the more you give her milk through the night, the more she will expect it. Of course as a parent I know it’s not as easy as that. Anything for sleep I know...

Maybe offer her some water during the night instead? Or try cut down to gradually no feeds or one..

It’s most likely a comfort for her too. Does have some form of comforter that may help her settle rather than milk? A blanket, teddy etc?

Sophiaf1 Tue 09-Apr-19 20:30:56

thank you I will try her with only water tonight and see how we get on!

She has a teddy she falls asleep with but ends up out the bed during the night, should i try giving her this too?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: