Talk

Advanced search

To think if this woman says this to her DH then...

(5 Posts)
TeeJay1970 Mon 08-Apr-19 19:32:52

A friends of mine (42 years old) told me last night that she no longer wants to have sex with her husband. He's a very nice guy and has been great husband and father - her words not mine - but she just doesn't want to. She can't give a reason. Her expectation is that her DH will accept this and their married life will carry on the same as before but with no sex.

AIBU to to think that if she says to him, "I want to stay married but your sex life is no longer any of my business."

Then he can say to her, "I want to stay married but my sex life is no longer any of your business."

She hasn't spoken to him about this and hopes she won't have to. She just plans to not have sex again with any discussion.

MargotLovedTom1 Mon 08-Apr-19 19:36:09

Yes, you're right, but their sex life isn't any of your business either grin.
She is being unfair by unilaterally deciding this about their marriage.

TeeJay1970 Mon 08-Apr-19 22:29:52

Not my business but she just told me

I felt sorry for her husband. His sex life is over but he hasn't worked it out yet.

topisland Mon 08-Apr-19 22:33:52

I think she owes it to him to have that conversation with him so he can decide whether to stay within the sexless marriage.

He deserves to have a choice as many won't be happy to never be intimate with a spouse (or anyone in general) again.

53rdWay Mon 08-Apr-19 22:39:41

Well he could say that, but maybe he wouldn’t want to? Plenty of people would not want to stay married to someone in those circumstances even if they had carte balance to shag everything with a pulse that showed an interest in them. But she should definitely tell him so he gets to make that call.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »