Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to have paid for their drinks?

(4 Posts)
xxKatie9806xx Mon 08-Apr-19 18:47:50

Tonight while eating out, before we even got to finish ordering my youngest son was sick all over my husband and the floor, quite near another family’s table. My husband and toddler went back to the room (we are on holiday) and me and my other children stayed to eat. The cleaner took a good 5 minutes to clean it up and in that time I was so anxious about the other family and it being near them. When I paid my bill at the end I asked the waitress to add all their drinks to my bill. I didn’t want the waitress to tell them until I’d left but she did and they really didn’t want to accept and it was all a little bit awkward. I insisted though but they didn’t seem too happy, not in a rude way they just felt bad, but I felt bad their meal was probably ruined by the experience. It was all so awkward. Did I do the wrong thing?

Siameasy Mon 08-Apr-19 18:50:00

You meant well - perhaps they felt awkward. I don’t think you needed to do it. Child being sick is just one of those things. If a drunken adult had puked then people might be pissed off.

OnlyFoolsnMothers Mon 08-Apr-19 18:50:16

I don’t think offering to do a nice thing is ever “wrong”- it’s just they understood children can be sick and didn’t feel you need make the offer. Two polite families - I wouldn’t over think it. Hope your LO is ok !

mama17 Mon 08-Apr-19 19:32:04

I think it's lovey that you did that, I'm sure they would have appreciated it. Hope your little one feels better soon

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »