Talk

Advanced search

Mobile hairdresser

(7 Posts)
jmpt29 Sun 07-Apr-19 20:27:22

I might be over thinking this. I usually do. I have anxiety and struggle to get out of the house but have booked a mobile hairdresser for next weekend to do my hair. It's all planned but now I'm panicking. What do I need to do? Should I wash my hair before she gets here. Do I need to have some towels ready. What kind of chair will she need? Will she use my hairdryer or does she have her own. I don't want to ask her and look silly. Are there any mobile hairdressers around that can help?

Floralnomad Sun 07-Apr-19 20:30:49

We use a mobile hairdresser , she used to be in a salon and then went mobile and we stuck with her . We have the first person ready with wet hair , stick down a sheet and use a dining room chair , she brings all her own tools we just provide towels .

jmpt29 Sun 07-Apr-19 20:38:46

Ah thanks so much for that. That really helps. smile thanks for taking the time to reply. I really appreciate it.

traveller11 Sun 07-Apr-19 20:39:54

I am a mobile hairdresser. Assuming it's the first time using her, don't wash your hair. She'll need to see it in dry condition to check it over beforehand for any kinks/extra care she'll need to take. She'll adapt to whatever chair you have - possibly bringing a stool for her to sit on if it's too low for her. Hairdryer would be a personal preference. I take my own because I know it's a good dryer and don't want to risk another not doing as good a job that I know I can do.

And have some towels out so you're not rooting around when she's here if you think it'll calm your anxiety a little

MaryShelley1818 Sun 07-Apr-19 20:45:31

I use a mobile hairdresser. Never wash my hair for her coming, I sit at dining room chair, she uses her own tools and styling products. I use my own shampoo as do it in the shower after she’s coloured it. Use my own towel but she has a cape for me.

Cryalot2 Sun 07-Apr-19 20:48:15

Years ago we used one.
She brought all her own tools.
For the first time, she will need to see your hair dry , after that it depends on what you are having done.
Have towels, an old sheet or curtain lining to wrap round you . Decide what room you will be using . You will hardly want the kitchen if you are having your hair cut.
Most are very adaptable . So just relax and enjoy.

Aeroflotgirl Sun 07-Apr-19 20:49:36

I use a mobile hairdresser, and do not wash hair beforehand, I ask her if she wants my hair wet, and then I will go and wet it in the shower while she sets up downstairs. It helps that my mobile hairdresser is my friend too so it is more relaxing, but it will be fine don't worry.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »