Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to stop bf my ten month old during the night?

(28 Posts)
Overthinker33 Sun 07-Apr-19 20:01:29

He doesn’t eat huge portions in the day as I suspect he’s filling up on milk. I am thinking of going cold turkey with the night feeds. I feel suffocated by bf. He still feeds up to 6 times in the day too and several times in the night. I want to wean off breast totally close to one year.

ethelfleda Sun 07-Apr-19 20:49:02

Of course YANBU if that’s what you want to do.

I will say this though - DS is 17 months and still feeds over night and sometimes to sleep (although not always) I thought about night weaning and decided not to - yes I’m shattered sometimes but I’m glad I still have that for when he is teething - we have had molars come up recently and I honestly don’t know how any of us would have gotten any rest if I was still bf’ing and co-sleeping. I’m just going to wait until he grows out of it as they’re only small for so long...but mine may be a better sleeper than yours and I’ve only got one!
It also helped us that from when he was little - whilst I would feed him to sleep his dad would rock him. Now his Dad always puts him down at night and he doesn’t need to feed to sleep anymore.

ethelfleda Sun 07-Apr-19 20:49:51

That should say we wouldn’t have gotten any rest if I WASNT still bfing and co-sleeping!

ethelfleda Sun 07-Apr-19 20:51:41

And with regards to food, according to Kellymom website when they’re around 12 months, they should still be getting 50% of their calories from milk and only 50% from solid food so I wouldn’t worry too much about the not eating much food during the day - and don’t forget, they don’t ‘need’ milk over night for food but for comfort.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »