Talk

Advanced search

AIBU How many bottles of perfume do you own?

(248 Posts)
Alicewond Sun 07-Apr-19 02:17:34

After reading another thread it made me wonder? And do you consider which one to wear or like me grab the nearest one? I have a lot but tbh I don’t have a favourite. Gifts for birthday, Christmas, valentines. They all smell lovely but it’s always the nearest which gets used!

BloodsportForAll Sun 07-Apr-19 02:20:32

None. I am seriously allergic to them. I'm still recovering from a serious reaction to vape vapour a few weeks back. It was a hospital level reaction. Perfume does the same. It's hell leaving the house. If someone wearing perfume has been in contact (ie hugs) with one of my kids, I have to wash their clothes and the kid as well. Wish it wasn't this way.

So, answer is none. I've learnt to smell nice in other ways.

Alicewond Sun 07-Apr-19 02:25:31

Sorry @BloodsportForAll I would be your nemesis then as I don’t leave the house without! Although I also don’t do hugs so you should be safe 😂

BloodsportForAll Sun 07-Apr-19 02:29:02

I'm that person who sounds rude and potentially violent when I get a faceful of scent, who people have no idea is being seriously affected by their choice to drown in chemicals.

Come over to the breathable side, you know you want to. We have soap grin

steff13 Sun 07-Apr-19 02:32:39

I only wear one - Yellow Diamond by Versace. I just bought Chance eau Tendre by Chanel after smelling a sample at the mechanic, but I haven't used it yet. So, 2.

Alicewond Sun 07-Apr-19 02:33:05

@BloodsportForAll ahh I’m sure your soap is nice but my perfume is nicer for me. Don’t worry I actively avoid people’s personal body spaces so I’m not going to make you sneeze. Maybe this thread isn’t for you 😂

Topseyt Sun 07-Apr-19 02:34:41

None. I have no interest in that sort of thing.

A good shower every morning with soap plus a quick spray of underarm deodorant and I'm good to go.

I don't do make-up either. Can't be arsed with it.

jarviscockerslover Sun 07-Apr-19 02:37:08

I own two for home - sjp lovely and Estée Lauder modern muse
And one I keep at work- dkny apple

BloodsportForAll Sun 07-Apr-19 02:37:10

Two words before I attempt sleep: Lush Cosmetics

IAmAPersonToo Sun 07-Apr-19 02:37:19

None!

I stopped wearing perfume when ds1 was born 11 years ago - after I realised just how much he stank of scent when perfume wearers cuddled him.

I never went back to wearing it and now I’ve been so long without that all of them smell fake and OTT and unpleasant to me.

I smell of shampoo and fabric conditioner grin (I know as I’ve been told) which I much prefer!

LadyB49 Sun 07-Apr-19 02:38:19

I.have about 6. Day to day I lift the nearest middle of the road one. If going out in gladrags i will choose my Chanel.

Having said that a special favourite is Avon Rare Gold which can be got on eBay for about £8.
I wear perfume every Steven if I'm not going out of the house.

LadyB49 Sun 07-Apr-19 02:39:11

**Steven ... even

dictionarycorners Sun 07-Apr-19 02:39:41

About ten and they are all about a decade old! They are pretty ornaments really!

Will they still be ok to use?

Alicewond Sun 07-Apr-19 02:39:57

@Topseyt I don’t do make up often unless a big night out. But I still like perfume even if I don’t appreciate which one I spray

Alicewond Sun 07-Apr-19 02:42:05

@dictionarycorners good question, do they have a use by date????

Dontsweatthelittlestuff Sun 07-Apr-19 02:44:46

I have about 15. I even have the bottle of perfume I wore when I got married nearly 30 years ago. Scent is hardly there anymore but I will never use it or throw the bottle away.

dictionarycorners Sun 07-Apr-19 02:46:08

Alicewond I’ll look tomorrow

IfNotNowThenWhy Sun 07-Apr-19 02:49:08

I own probably 10 but I rotate about 4 main ones depending on season or mood.
Also I get used to a scent after a while and can't snell it anymore if I don't switch them up.I wear YSL or Guerlains mainly.
Love Chanel (esp no.19) but never found one I could wear.

RedHatsDoNotSuitMe Sun 07-Apr-19 02:49:11

I'm boring then, I just wear Issey de Miyake and have done for about 20 years!

IfNotNowThenWhy Sun 07-Apr-19 02:50:45

You have to keep perfume out of the sun to keep it fresh longer. No use by date though.

Alicewond Sun 07-Apr-19 02:52:06

Ok maybe I’m just usual but I have 30+, but like I said earlier I just grab the closest. I don’t necessarily know which one is best!

Dontsweatthelittlestuff Sun 07-Apr-19 02:59:06

I have different perfumes for different events. Light fragrance for work or general day wear and heavier and more expensive for going out.
I always wear perfume but never make up unless you count painting my toenails in summer.

Alicewond Sun 07-Apr-19 03:02:05

@Dontsweatthelittlestuff how may bottles though?

Dontsweatthelittlestuff Sun 07-Apr-19 03:15:25

About 15 different scents and out of those I probably use 4 of them on a regular basis. I also have about 20 of those mini bottles and several solid perfume tins that I keep in my handbag.

keenwasalad Sun 07-Apr-19 03:17:09

I have a real expensive perfume fetish. The way I see it is perfume (and shoes and handbags) are loyal, unlike clothes that don't like when you put in weight grin

My favourite at the mo is probably Kilian's Good Girl Gone Bad or Bond No9 New York Nights

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »