Talk

Advanced search

Football!!!

(12 Posts)
youmakemyheartsing Sat 06-Apr-19 23:19:23

Please tell me if I'm being unreasonable, going through a break up ( still live together until the house sells ) tonight we sat down to talk to see if anyway we could solve it and be together, I notice him keep looking at the clock so I ask why he says nothing just seeing what the time is, next thing I know whilst we're talking he puts match of the day on on his phone and watches whilst we're talking- aibu to think that 1- footballs more important and 2- he doesn't really care ?

AirBiscuit Sat 06-Apr-19 23:23:50

I think it is really important to make sure one focuses on ones relationships otherwise things can get... oh hang on ... did City win today? When's Match of The Day on? What were you saying?

youmakemyheartsing Sat 06-Apr-19 23:26:05

Defo!! He plays 3 times a week so he is out already 3 evenings where he doesn't spend time with us, we were really in deep conversation, I found it really hurtful and rude to be honest xx

youmakemyheartsing Sat 06-Apr-19 23:33:49

One of the reasons we split was because I felt he put football first- perfect example 3 days post section he left me on my own with baby to play football I could barely stand let alone walk xx

youmakemyheartsing Sat 06-Apr-19 23:36:06

Another example- I had mastitis and felt like I had flu and in pain - off he goes to football
His daughter has a nasty chest infection - off out he goes to football!! I just think it's selfish xx

kaytee87 Sat 06-Apr-19 23:36:19

He's a selfish arse thanks

Nearlythere1 Sat 06-Apr-19 23:39:45

Omg kick him to kerb! What an absolute prick!

youmakemyheartsing Sat 06-Apr-19 23:40:17

And he wonders why I feel so worthless!! Xx

Sparklesocks Sat 06-Apr-19 23:42:06

It reaffirms you made the right choice.

youmakemyheartsing Sat 06-Apr-19 23:54:55

Thank you for your replies I didn't think I was being unreasonable xx

OwlinaTree Sat 06-Apr-19 23:57:32

Tbh as soon as he'd put the football on the conversation would be over for me. His actions speak louder than words. Football is more important to him than your relationship.

youmakemyheartsing Sat 06-Apr-19 23:59:50

I got up and went to bed, he can't work out why I'm so upset and annoyed xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: