Talk

Advanced search

to ask if anyone else has s huge age gap between their kids? I have 9 years between mine and I'm really struggling!

(56 Posts)
Marilynmansonsthermos Sat 06-Apr-19 22:47:49

Anyone else in the same boat? 9 years between dd and ds. Was ok the first couple of years, but now dd has hit puberty and they both seem to actively dislike eachother and have zero in common. Dd 12, ds 3. There are barely any activities for them to do together so struggling with ideas for days out. They both have totally different needs and they both need individual time but I wish we could spend more time together as a family. Feel like I've made a mess of things and wish I had had them closer together sad if anyone else is in a similar situation and has any tips or advice I would appreciate it so much ..

Sexnotgender Tue 09-Apr-19 21:37:43

DD is 15, DS is 9 weeks.

Tiddler7 Tue 09-Apr-19 21:42:59

My DS is 14.5, DD5. We struggled a bit when he was 12, but now he does his own stuff, and joins us whenever he wants. No pressure. And they do like each other a lot. Yes, she annoys him sometimes, but also goes to him for cuddles. I have "boyish" boy, and "girly" girl.

ShesABelter Tue 09-Apr-19 21:48:00

My eldest and youngest have 8 years between them. She's 14 now and basically doesn't do any family things with us She prefers to go see friends. It's crap but we offer her repeatedly and she just doesn't want to except the occasional meal out which is lovely when it happens.

Marilynmansonsthermos Fri 12-Apr-19 20:06:41

Yes I can see dd12 being the same way when she's 14 in terms of only seeing her friends. She's pushing for that now. It really is like raising two only children now. Just feel sad about it guess it's just their personalities. The funny thing is all dd's friends think her little brother is absolutely adorable and love playing with him..

MarthasGinYard Sat 13-Apr-19 03:27:01

9 years and 11 years between me and my siblings

I grew up like an only dc and barely see them now.

aytheweeun Sat 13-Apr-19 03:31:07

12 years between my brother and I. He's 18 now and we don't have much in common in our lives at the moment as you can imagine BUT our personalities are very similar and I love him to bits - we're very close.

There's also 8 and 5 years between me and my two sisters and we are all very close.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »