Talk

Advanced search

To wonder how bored you must bed to get excited about a book about cleaning...

(25 Posts)
Thatsnotmyotter Sat 06-Apr-19 17:30:00

My social media is full of people posting photos of a certain book by a certain instagrammer famed for a very grey house and a love of zoflora. AIBU for thinking this is possibly the least fun way to spend £10?!

hammeringinmyhead Sat 06-Apr-19 17:36:04

Didn't take her management Gleam long to churn a book out, did it? Wonder how all the poor beauty vloggers (tongue firmly in cheek) who had to wait years for Gleam Titles feel about that.

hazandduck Sat 06-Apr-19 17:37:33

OP, are you me?? I’ve had this too, WTF! People posting happily about their husbands buying them it too...I would actually hit DH over the head with it if he bought me a book on fucking cleaning lol.

itsabugchicken Sat 06-Apr-19 17:39:37

I too know of people's husbands buying it for them...utterly depressing. Feels like we've gone back in time!

bananamonkey Sat 06-Apr-19 17:44:12

Same people who buy Live Laugh Love signs.

PeachyPrincess Sat 06-Apr-19 17:44:19

Okay okay, I’m not a fan of Mrs Hinch.

I like Lynsey Queen of Clean. She’s got a ‘real’ reason for wanting to clean so much - you can read about it here queenofclean.blog/2017/01/05/introduction-to-me/

However. Cleaning is so bloody boring. If Lynsey can motivate me to enjoy cleaning by showing me a technique or product then I’m all for it.

hazandduck Sat 06-Apr-19 17:44:45

Yup @itsabug, like the bloody fifties!

ShinyPinkLipgloss Sat 06-Apr-19 17:47:24

I’d be furious if anyone bought new cleaning book let alone my DH! So many wonderful books that could potentially be bought for £10....

Fairylea Sat 06-Apr-19 17:51:44

I think anyone can be bored by something someone else finds fascinating. That’s what makes the world interesting grin

GregoryPeckingDuck Sat 06-Apr-19 17:51:46

YANBU. Crazy.

woodhill Sat 06-Apr-19 17:54:31

I had the Kim and Aggie one, I preferred them, sensible and cost effective.

ILoveMaxiBondi Sat 06-Apr-19 17:55:41

It’s the current fad for the lazy thinker. The people who are wetting themselves over this book will be the same ones who were clearing the shelves of men’s Nivea aftershave because their beauty guru told them it was heaven in a bottle. They just buy what they’re told. No thought required. There’ll be something new next year.

Sparklesocks Sat 06-Apr-19 17:56:45

It’s not my cup of tea but people seem to enjoy it so why not? No skin off my bum cheek

Thatsnotmyotter Sat 06-Apr-19 18:52:56

Same people who buy Live Laugh Love signs grin

Thatsnotmyotter Sat 06-Apr-19 18:54:03

It’s the current fad for the lazy thinker.
That’s exactly how I feel about these fads! It’s like people are incapable of independent thought!

StephsCaddy Sat 06-Apr-19 18:56:28

It’s like a form of insanity.

I like to live in a nice, clean tidy home but Mrs Hinch’s fans are almost cult like.

starabara Sat 06-Apr-19 19:00:43

@PeachyPrincess

Agreed. She’s got quite a tale to tell and I feel far less twitchy about her than literally any other of this type of “b/vlog” personality.

KMoKMo Sat 06-Apr-19 19:00:51

YANBU. The damage to the environment it will cause as well beggars belief. So irresponsible.

pantsville Sat 06-Apr-19 19:12:29

I wonder what it's actually about? Has anyone read it?

She does seem very nice mostly but some of the followers just seem quite daft. They speak in cliches such as "women should build each other up not tear each other down" and "simples"

outpinked Sat 06-Apr-19 19:18:05

Same people who buy Live Laugh Love signs.

grin too true.

isseywithcats Sat 06-Apr-19 19:30:04

its like a tv program you dont like you dont have to watch it and no one is making you buy the book but yep if my other half bought it for me he would find himself ten minutes later in the same shop getting a refund or a decent book for me, i am slowly cutting down on multi cleaning products and plastic bottles (i do clean just use cleaning products that do multi function and buy big bottles so i can refil and water down what i do use) so her love of so many chemicals from what ive heard would not appeal to me anyway

TryingToBePatient1 Sat 06-Apr-19 19:33:40

People are spraying zoflora all over the bloody place because of her, it’s a flammable disinfectant and people are putting it in their washing machines, on radiators and their light bulbs shock

Thatsnotmyotter Sat 06-Apr-19 19:58:33

its like a tv program you dont like you dont have to watch it and no one is making you buy the book

This would be true if the TV program in question was recommending that you buy loads of single use plastic and use vast quantities of antibacterial cleaner without considering the impact on the environment or our immune systems.

NoParticularPattern Sat 06-Apr-19 20:01:33

On the up side if they’re all busy buying the book then at least I might be able to get some of the sodding products that they’ve had sold out for MONTHS. I’ve used the astonish paste for bloody years but can I hell find any to buy now that I’ve actually run out 🙈

twattymctwatterson Sat 06-Apr-19 22:41:38

Another thread about this woman?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »