Talk

Advanced search

Big traditional wedding vs small intimate wedding

(5 Posts)
StarTheGirl Sat 06-Apr-19 17:06:08

FIRST WORLD, NON PROBLEM ALERT

I was on another thread thinking how, if I could wave a magic wand and go back in time to when dh and I were planning our wedding (years ago), I would plan a much smaller affair than we had. I wonder how many other people think the same...?

Fwiw, we could afford what we spent on our wedding and have no financial regrets. In fact, in my hypothetical ‘magic wand’ wedding, I would spend the same again, just on far fewer people iyswim.

Also, we are very happily married, so I definitely don’t regret my choice of groom grin!

It’s just a little musing I have been doing on a lazy Saturday.

I imagine people who had small, intimate weddings have fewer regrets about their choice of wedding style / type.

AIBU?

ivykaty44 Sat 06-Apr-19 17:10:32

Yabu

StarTheGirl Sat 06-Apr-19 17:12:09

Yabu

Thanks for that. So, did you have a small wedding you regret or a big wedding you do not regret?

cranstonmanor Sat 06-Apr-19 17:30:05

The registry office wouldn't have married us with less people present grin. I don't regret it as such, but I would change to inviting the parents and siblings. My MIL still doesn't want to see a wedding picture two years on while SIL's wedding picture lived prominently in their living room for 10 years (till way after the separation).

StarTheGirl Sat 06-Apr-19 17:33:50

grin ah yeah, we had a church wedding, so aside from witnesses, I think we could have had nobody there if we’d wanted.

Interesting that you would change having some family members there. I feel the same about some of mine tbh!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »