Talk

Advanced search

Aghhhh sick of children!!!

(4 Posts)
thegreenlight Sat 06-Apr-19 13:24:12

I’m currently at home on my own with my 2 young children as husband is away with work. I’m a full time year 1 teacher to a very needy (attention wise) class. I seem to constantly have a child in my face demanding something or wanting me to listen to them at home and at work. It’s like I can’t escape! It’s probably because it’s nearly Easter and everyone concerned needs a break, but fuck me I want to find somewhere to hide and stay there! I love my job, I love my class, I love my own children, but aggggghhhh!!!!

elf1985 Sat 06-Apr-19 13:34:09

Absolutely not unreasonable! I was dreading 2 weeks with my 2. Then the sickness bug hit the week before so it's now 3 weeks with the first one locked indoors!! They are lovely but I've had enough and it's only technically day 1.

thegreenlight Sat 06-Apr-19 13:38:51

I feel like a right ogre because my two and my class really are quite lovely but I’m sick of hearing about auntie’s brother’s uncle’s birthdays and the new cat they’re getting in 3 years and all the random shit 5 and 6 year olds come out with! I might shut myself in a room and have a good swear!

WoollyMummoth Sat 06-Apr-19 13:54:56

Don’t beat yourself up. You can enjoy your job and your kids but you’d be a saint straight out of heaven if you could care about every pointless bit of information they desperately need to impart to you! Fortunately I’m going slightly deaf so a lot of it just sounds like white noise to me now.😁

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »