Talk

Advanced search

To be looking forward to the Easter break?

(24 Posts)
Home77 Sat 06-Apr-19 09:32:56

Mine are getting older now, going to take them on some outings despite this. Feeling quite poignant as it may be the last time / times for this...as they grow up. Am I the only one looking forward to the holidays, it seems like it at times. It will be a real relief not to do the school tun as well and deal with school work. I just hope the weather is not too bad.

Home77 Sat 06-Apr-19 10:36:51

Looks like I am then!

EmrysAtticus Sat 06-Apr-19 10:38:09

I'm looking forward to it too although I have a 3 year old so it will be intense but lots of fun smile

Bigearringsbigsmile Sat 06-Apr-19 10:39:17

it's a mixed bundle here
i work in a school so have got two weeks off which means no early mornings-all good

however i have one kid doing gcses and one doing a-levels and the stress over revision is making me mental quite frankly
also my dh is having minor surgery this coming week so i will forcing him to take it easy and not over do things.
i too pray the weather is ok. it's sunny today thank goodness.

Cwtches123 Sat 06-Apr-19 10:48:53

I'm looking forward to the break, kids are 11 and 13 and we have a few things planned. DH is off Easter week and yesterday I booked a last minute 4-night break to a caravan park in Devon, we hadn't really planned to go away but I came across a real bargain and couldn't resist.
We go on bank holiday Monday to Devon Bay near Paignton for a total cost of £119.

Penguinpandarabbit Sat 06-Apr-19 10:59:06

I am happy its Easter holiday too and no school for 2 weeks one day.🐥

Only redecorating our old house before sell it so don't know why I am excited😂 Lovely --mostly- to have kids home.

Hope you have a lovely time in Devon cwitches, love it there.

Home77 Sat 06-Apr-19 11:07:45

We go back day after easter Monday here, maybe that is why was so cheap f some schools back then? yes quite fancy getting away too, just not so sure about the weather. We have a family rail card so could go to the south coast if it improves I guess.

Could maybe do a vague plan with the revision perhaps so for some time off and days to also to break it up, perhaps?

outpinked Sat 06-Apr-19 11:09:36

Also happy they are now off school. I’m a teacher but on mat leave so not really used to the school run rush twice a day every day and it’s killing me! Happy to have a break from it and also looking forward to spending some quality time with them all.

Tumbleweed101 Sat 06-Apr-19 11:17:04

Yes, I love the kids being off school. Everything is so calm and chilled. Helps though that I work reduced hours in holidays and I no longer need childcare.

Cwtches123 Sat 06-Apr-19 12:20:57

They don't break up until Friday 12th in Wales!

Home77 Sat 06-Apr-19 14:10:26

We're off now for the next two weeks, going back day after Easter Monday. In the South West.

FudgeBrownie2019 Sat 06-Apr-19 14:13:27

We don't break up for another week (Warwickshire) and I'm looking forward to it so much.

EmrysAtticus Sat 06-Apr-19 14:27:59

Yes also in Wales and still one week left.

endoflevelbaddy Sat 06-Apr-19 14:33:15

I always look forward to the holidays. I work full time but try to take 1 day at half terms and as much as possible for Easter, summer & Xmas (use parental leave to extend it). I love having the time off work and trying to cram as much as we can in to the time off we have together.
They break up next week and we fly to Majorca for a week on Good Friday. Can't wait 😊

PumpkinPie2016 Sat 06-Apr-19 14:40:56

I'm glad the holidays are here smile I'm a teacher and DS is in reception so we are both off together and DH will be around a lot too.

I'm looking forward to a slower pace for a two weeks and having some time to catch up with things in the house as well as spending time with DS.

The weather is looking ok too so that will help smile

Sirzy Sat 06-Apr-19 14:44:31

We are going away for 4 days. The best bit of that means we have a whole week with no appointments which after the last few months is amazing!

beela Sat 06-Apr-19 14:46:04

Also in Warwickshire, my dc are on their knees! Can't wait for the end of term.

MarvinMarvinson Sat 06-Apr-19 14:46:26

No of course you're not the only one. Lots of people like spending time with their kids in the school holidays. Especially if they're older and you're lucky enough to have time off. At various times I've found the holidays hard but now I enjoy them because my kids will lie in and I have a bit of money to take them out.

ForalltheSaints Sat 06-Apr-19 14:58:06

OP is not being unreasonable. Two weeks without some of those on the road at 0845 each morning is bliss. Speaking as a pedestrian and train user, never mind how it’s good for those off to work.

bridgetosomewhere Sat 06-Apr-19 15:00:01

Oh it's super. I also have the school hols off: lazy mornings and days pottering here and there, I just love it!

Currently sitting in the sun in our holiday caravan after a bike ride. Even the dog is knackered.

Might venture down to the beach later and then have a G&T and the kids can stay up late.

Love holidays!!

Taswama Sat 06-Apr-19 15:29:39

Another week to go here. I have the first day off then they are in holiday club for 3 days. Then we are all off.

AguerosAngel Sat 06-Apr-19 16:00:43

DS(12) finished yesterday and I’m really looking forward to spending some time with him, we’ve a few things planned just him and me. We’re particularly looking forward to getting dressed up and going for a “posh” lunch, nice Italian in town that does lobster (ravioli on the lunch menu) that he’s desperate to try so he’s very excited about that.

He’s doing some work experience at the place that I volunteer at too and then a sports camp for three days the second week, sounds busy but we’ve also planned a couple of slob out days too!

ohtheholidays Sat 06-Apr-19 16:13:33

I'm looking forward to our holiday next week,were going to Cornwall for the week and we get back the day before Easter Sunday and it's also my DH's birthday whilst were away so that will be a full on week.

Easter Sunday there will be 7 or 8 of us for Sunday lunch,our 5DC we'll get they're Easter eggs and pressies and we'll do an Easter egg hunt..

Today our youngest has been and played golf and spent her pocket money,tomorrow I'm taking us all out for a meal and then were going to the cinema.

hazeyjane Sat 06-Apr-19 16:22:54

I am looking forward to it and not looking forward to it all at the same time!

Love no school runs, making packed lunches, lazy mornings, spending time with children, not going to work.....but ds has additional needs and he misses the structure of school, clashes with his sisters and needs a lot of attention a lot of the time, he has 2 difficult appointments in the holiday, dh has no time off. I will miss the breathing space I get when they are at school.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »