Talk

Advanced search

To think exh should travel to see Dc

(6 Posts)
Twolostsouls Sat 06-Apr-19 08:02:43

He hasn’t bothered in well over a year. No birthday cards or anything. He doesn’t pay a thing either. We split up 6 years ago and since then he’s been a crap father.

Dc are getting older now and I’m struggling to pay for everything. Iv asked him for financial help for the first time and he’s told me no, because I won’t bring the kids to him. He moved 90 mins away to be with his gf.

I don’t think I should pay petrol etc to take the kids to see him, when he doesn’t make any effort.

I’m absolutely fed up with having zero help. Iv applied for cms plenty of times but he either threatens to kill me/ruin my life/kill my partner or quits his job. The police aren’t interested either, with every threat I tell them but they don’t think he’s a risk as he lives 90 mins away 🙃

So, Aibu to say no, I won’t be bringing the kids to him.

Awrite Sat 06-Apr-19 08:04:06

YANBU

MajesticWhine Sat 06-Apr-19 08:07:19

Of course YANBU - he should be bloody ashamed of himself. Useless git. How do your kids feel about him?

cherryblossomgin Sat 06-Apr-19 08:10:07

If I was in this situation I would apply to CMS and ignore his threats. If he quits his job to avoid paying then he's is also putting himself out of pocket. I would also record his phone calls or save the texts where he threatens you. Why should you drive his kids to him? If he doesn't come and see them that's his choice. If he continues with threats I would only give him access through a contact centre and go no contact.

Gin96 Sat 06-Apr-19 08:14:14

What a shit of a man, what did you see in him? How on Earth he’s managed to get another partner is beyond me, controlling arse hole, he doesn’t give 2 figs about his children. You’re better off without him and he’s never going to pay you a penny, he will find every way not to pay you whether you take the children there or not.

Chloemol Sat 06-Apr-19 08:15:00

What cherry blossom gin says

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: