Talk

Advanced search

AIBU? Teens knocking on my door constantly

(9 Posts)
Kylieemilyj Fri 05-Apr-19 18:28:42

Knock down ginger, Knock and run whatever you call it. Its annoying. I live on a fairly main road in town, and these kids love to knock and run away giggling. We've lived here about 8 months now, and my partner has answered a few times but now we just ignore the door unless we know we have visitors coming. Because of my partners hours I also dont answer the door while home alone for my own safety (theres a lot of little sh*ts in my town who would blatently knock and throw eggs or push their way in (they are the kinds of people to jump you on your way home from work too and people are being burgled and cars being stolen. Obviously I cant be sure its the same kids that play the harmless game but it puts you on edge to think that it most likely is the 'gang' possibly doing this? What can i do to deter them? its starting to annoy me now because it happens almost every day, and there is an older lady living next door to me who im sure they do the same thing too.
And before anyone says anything, yes I know they are just playing and when i was a kid we would play it in the housing estates and not along a fairly main road where theres always people going passed? and it would be during the day, in the summer holidays, i personally hated playing it. And its not 8/9 year olds, they are teenagers who should know better

Cheerybigbottom Fri 05-Apr-19 18:50:42

Fake cctv camera & cctv stickers on your door?

Cheerybigbottom Fri 05-Apr-19 18:52:40

Sorry I pressed too soon.

I also live in a place notorious for what we called knock door run buts it's more bang on our large bay window and run away. I've actually caught a grown man and his gf doing it once when our cat was asleep on the windowsill and the cat screech and noise made my toddler cry from fright.

I put a fake cctv sticker up and it only happens occasionally on darker evenings now.

Tilikum Fri 05-Apr-19 18:55:04

Never shout at them or chase them, that'll just encourage them to do it more. You're best to just ignore the door like you are doing. If the teenagers never get any reaction they'll get bored eventually and move on.

DearMrDilkington Fri 05-Apr-19 18:55:47

Get a really bright motion sensor light and a CCTV camera.

Kylieemilyj Fri 05-Apr-19 19:00:49

@DearMrDilkington I wish i could but because of where I live, the light would stay on 24/7.
I was hoping they would have got bored of it by now but it seems like its every day now:/ I had started leaving my blinds open so they think i can see them running away but even that didnt stop them.

KaterinaPetrova Fri 05-Apr-19 19:15:17

Get a Ring Doorbell and post the little shits up on the local Facebook pages. Some parents might just be mortified (though admittedly these days they'll kick off about their precious little shits being posted about online)

bridgetreilly Fri 05-Apr-19 19:17:59

Get the motion sensor light but turn it off when you go to bed. You could even get the kind which announce 'You are now being recorded', whether there is any recording or not.

AutumnCrow Fri 05-Apr-19 19:22:39

I've got real cctv, which records and stores for 28 days. £100 online, camera front and back.

I no longer get fly-tipped, dog fouled or knock-and-runned. You do need a sign up though.

Also get a gate.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: