Talk

Advanced search

To have intervened and embarrassed neighbours’ DD?

(68 Posts)
ThomasRichard Fri 05-Apr-19 13:45:58

I just got up, looked out of my window and just saw my neighbour’s teenage DD get smacked in the face by a boy. They were standing in a big group, laughing and messing around but it was quite a whack. I watched and thought of texting NDN but a few seconds later he grabbed her by the hair and yanked her around. I ran out, asked him WTH he was doing and told him not to touch anyone like that ever again. He denied it and mouthed off, NDN DD did the teenager dying of embarrassment thing, but he moved on.

WIBU? If it had been my DD I’d have been out there in a shot.

Drogosnextwife Fri 05-Apr-19 15:27:22

It really doesn't matter if they were "play fighting", I wouldn't accept that as an excuse for a boy whacking a girl in the face and then yanking her around by the hair hmm.

Bet he doesn't do that to any of the other boys there. I would have been tempted to go out and give him a good whack around the head, see how it made him feel. Wee prick!

talkingjapeneseireallythinkso Fri 05-Apr-19 15:28:48

it's good to know i'm not the only one who is an idiot and wades into the unknown, i'd have [and have done] the same thing as you op.
good for you.

dogandwhistle Fri 05-Apr-19 15:31:15

Well done! You did the right thing. Lots would of ignored it.

Mia1415 Fri 05-Apr-19 15:35:05

Well done OP. You did exactly the right thing.

JingsMahBucket Fri 05-Apr-19 15:39:55

Holy shit. That boy is an abuser in training.

HedgerowTree Fri 05-Apr-19 15:42:10

Thank you for standing up for her.

rainbowstardrops Fri 05-Apr-19 15:49:57

I'd have done the same thing because I'd want someone to help my child.

Chillyegg Fri 05-Apr-19 16:23:59

God that’s awful! What an awful boy! I can’t believe none of them intervened and said we hang on don’t hit anyone you noodle!

outpinked Fri 05-Apr-19 16:25:02

Definitely did the right thing.

GreenFingersWouldBeHandy Fri 05-Apr-19 16:32:18

Any reply from your text? Well done. You did the right thing, even if she hates you for it. If he's doing that to her in public, god knows what he could be doing private.

Huskylover1 Fri 05-Apr-19 16:35:07

Yes, I would 100% have intervened. Many years ago, when I was only 20 or so, I witnessed a man pulling his girlfriend around roughly, and I stopped the car, and asked her if she'd like to get into my car away from him. She told me to Fuck Off. At least I tried.

cees Fri 05-Apr-19 16:35:10

You absolutely did the right thing

DesertSky Fri 05-Apr-19 16:35:40

Well done OP. Revolting behaviour covered up as a joke. If he thinks he can get away with it now just imagine how he will treat women as a man.

duckduckgoose2 Fri 05-Apr-19 16:58:21

Perfect as the girl didn’t have to tell on him and have that fallout. People should intervene more.

ThomasRichard Fri 05-Apr-19 17:29:42

That boy is an abuser in training.

That’s exactly what I thought. He was completely denying that he did it, even though I saw him, and saying that he has his own parents to tell him what to do hmm Hopefully I embarrassed him into thinking again.

@talkingjapeneseireallythinkso we can be idiots together. I bravely stood out of stabbing range on my garden path and there are steps so hopefully he’ll be too lazy to put a brick through the window!

Reply from the dad was a text to say thanks for letting him know.

I’ve rung the school before when some of their boys were walking to school smoking weed and being gobby little oiks when I told them not to do it in front of my garage. My DC are only little and I don’t particularly want to be known as the eye-roll-inducing fusspot before they even get there. The girl’s parents are lovely and very switched on so I’m happy to leave it with them.

RuffleCrow Fri 05-Apr-19 17:34:28

Of course you did the right thing. The teenage years are about learning those valuable life lessons about how we treat others and what behaviour we can expect in return.

BlackSatinDancer Fri 05-Apr-19 17:36:50

Well done for intervening and for letting her parents know. You did the right thing.

EmeraldShamrock Sat 06-Apr-19 12:54:18

Jez the little dick head. Every day in the new I am reading about young teenage boys assaulting young lady's.
I read a 2 disgusting cases this week, both young women viciously assaulted by their teenage boyfriends, thankfully they both went to jail.
Wtf is happening to them, their mentality is going backwards.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »