Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to be feeling politically homeless

(143 Posts)
Jaffacakebeast Fri 05-Apr-19 13:26:57

If we had a general election now, I’d be stuck.

I normally vote labour, even last time.

I voted leave, would do again.

Any1 else in my situation? I honestly couldn’t vote labour right now, and I have never voted tory. Unless they dramatically changed as a party I don’t think I ever could

Aeroflotgirl Fri 05-Apr-19 13:29:41

I feel the same, I voted Leave too, both parties have let us down. I will do a protest vote i think.

BlueSkiesLies Fri 05-Apr-19 13:30:44

100% agree

I can't vote for Labour with JC in charge and momentum having so much power and their terrible stance on women's rights.

I can't vote for the conservatives as I woudl rather die than give them another 5 year mandate after they have totally fucked the country up with their shitty referendum and zero focus on actually running the country. Oh, and ongoing austerity.

Can't vote for Lib Dem, wasted vote - although they are more to my political leaning I think.

Can't vote for the Tiggers, wasted vote - and also don't actually know what they stand for really.

Greens - trans over women's rights. Greens need to burn.

alittlesnow Fri 05-Apr-19 13:32:11

Absolutely feel the same OP! Always been Labour, but wouldn't vote for them with Corbyn as leader. Hell will freeze over before I vote for the Conservatives. Lib dems are too close to Corbyn (IMO,) I won't vote for Greens, and wouldn't vote for UKIP.

Politically homeless here too.

holly873 Fri 05-Apr-19 13:33:39

I voted leave. I'm not a tory. I only voted for them in 2014 so to get a referendum. Before then I was labour everytime. I can't vote for Corbyn. He's a looney. I didn't vote in the last election because i'm not naturally a tory and I think Corbyn is a looney. The new independent group don't speak for me and ukip and too far right. I'm politically homeless.

Jessgalinda Fri 05-Apr-19 13:35:02

I wont vote labour until they eject Tony Blair, from the party and stop rolling him out like some political messiah.

Definitely cant vote and let JC in.

Dont want to vote Tory or any of the others.

CheekyChappy710 Fri 05-Apr-19 13:35:56

@holly873 totally agree I feel exactly the same as you every word!!

Freshprincess Fri 05-Apr-19 13:39:53

Same but I voted remain.

Corbyn has an open goal with all shit show the Tories have made of Brexit and he's even more unpopular than ever.

Freshprincess Fri 05-Apr-19 13:41:50

Also I voted in every election since I've been old enough too. If there was a snap election now I'd consider spoiling my ballot.

Jaffacakebeast Fri 05-Apr-19 13:43:10

Glad I’m not alone, what a mess we’re in!

I wouldn’t even contemplate the new party, couldn’t believe they wouldn’t have By-elections 😱

Didn’t know that about greens with the trans thing, so they’re now out too, but I think all parties have done a number on women’s rights.

Couldn’t go UKIP

Lib Dem- also a no, after what they did with the uni fees

Might have to look into the brexit party.

eurochick Fri 05-Apr-19 13:43:23

I voted remain and usually vote Tory or Lib Dem. I also feel politically homeless.

in2dagroove Fri 05-Apr-19 13:51:01

Yes I feel the same and I would guess that we represent most of the country. Disillusioned with the 2 biggest parties. So the only option is?????? Something new? If I allow myself to think about it too much I feel despondent.

greathat Fri 05-Apr-19 13:52:06

I feel I have to pick the one I dislike the most and then vote for their opposition. Sadly although I vote in every election they are wasted votes as my MP has a massive margin and will never lose even though he is an absolute tosser who always votes the opposite of what I'd like

DGRossetti Fri 05-Apr-19 14:10:27

If Leaving is that important to you, seems voting Tory is the way forwards.

You can't really have both main parties supporting a single position that 48% of the public don't.

Anyway, aren't Labour pledged to uphold the referendum too ? That's what we were told when it was claimed 80% of the electorate voted for Brexit.

holly873 Fri 05-Apr-19 14:15:10

I'm going to try and vote for an independent if there is one in my area that matches my outlook. They may not win the election but it will take a vote away from the established parties and send a message to them.

PlainSpeakingStraightTalking Fri 05-Apr-19 14:15:27

I'd still vote leave - but hell would freeze over before I ever voted Labour

holly873 Fri 05-Apr-19 14:15:54

*not the independent party, I mean an independent mp.

holly873 Fri 05-Apr-19 14:17:06

The next election is going to be fascinating. I think both tory and labour are going to see a huge fall in their share of vote.

Redshoeblueshoe Fri 05-Apr-19 14:20:56

I live in a safe labour seat, and my MP thinks it's totally fine for TW to compete in women's sports.
Unless we had an independent candidate I have no one to vote for

HirplesWithHaggis Fri 05-Apr-19 14:28:12

So glad I'm in Scotland with the SNP.

Jaffacakebeast Fri 05-Apr-19 14:29:54

Snp definitely looking the best of a bad bunch at the moment

GeorgieTheGorgeousGoat Fri 05-Apr-19 14:30:21

Literally no point in me voting, we have such a horribly safe Tory Seat here.

TheFatberg Fri 05-Apr-19 14:30:45

Bunch of pathetic plastic Tories on here, just say you hate poor people and go.

PBo83 Fri 05-Apr-19 14:37:55

@TheFatberg

"I hate poor people...ciao!"

Seriously though, everyone seems to feel the same, I guess at least it's something remain and leave voters can agree on! (as well as traditional Labour and Tory voters too!).

WhentheRabbitsWentWild Fri 05-Apr-19 15:00:21

I agree with you OP

Conservatives . Never voted for them and not likely to start now

Labour . Yes, once my party of choice, but not for years now and with Corbyn there and Abbott and the momentum lot its a big NO

Lib Dems Never

UKIP Not for me .

Greens, No not now.

Guess I too am Politically homeless.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »