Talk

Advanced search

To think this was a breach of confidentiality.

(16 Posts)
higgyhog Fri 05-Apr-19 13:11:05

I seldom contact my GPs surgery. I needed to speak to them about a prescription this week and the phone is now answered by a message from the senior partner GP saying that all the staff there are covered by NHS confidentiality rules and that to help patients we may need to speak to someone other than a doctor or nurse about our "problem".

I duly attended to collect my prescription and at the same time another lady was there collecting a prescription too. The receptionist spoke to her first and asked her, in front of me, the reason why she did not have to pay a prescription charge. She looked a bit awkward and then said quickly and in an embarrassed way "diabetes" . During this I was just standing there thinking of something witty to say about my reason and it was not until the other lady had given this detail about her reason that I realised this should not have happened. I then thought back to the number of conversations I'd had over the preceding days with the receptionist about collecting my difficult for the to source incontinence gadget and began to wonder how much of the local population now know about that.

Error

VelocityViewServlet : Error processing a template for path '/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/3551715-To-think-this-was-a-breach-of-confidentiality'

Invocation of method 'isVoting' in class com.mumsnet.talk.models.TalkThread threw exception java.util.ConcurrentModificationException at talk/message_block.html[line 175, column 96]
java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
	at java.util.HashMap$HashIterator.nextNode(HashMap.java:1429)
	at java.util.HashMap$KeyIterator.next(HashMap.java:1453)
	at com.mumsnet.talk.models.AibuVotingThread.pruneCacheIfNeeded(AibuVotingThread.java:51)
	at com.mumsnet.talk.models.AibuVotingThread.isItAibuVotingThread(AibuVotingThread.java:34)
	at com.mumsnet.talk.models.TalkThread.isVoting(TalkThread.java:1209)
	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor303.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
	at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.PropertyExecutor.execute(PropertyExecutor.java:142)
	at org.apache.velocity.util.introspection.UberspectImpl$VelGetterImpl.invoke(UberspectImpl.java:533)
	at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTIdentifier.execute(ASTIdentifier.java:198)
	at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTReference.execute(ASTReference.java:262)
	at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTReference.evaluate(ASTReference.java:470)
	at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTAndNode.evaluate(ASTAndNode.java:106)
	at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTExpression.evaluate(ASTExpression.java:62)
	at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTIfStatement.render(ASTIfStatement.java:85)
	at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTBlock.render(ASTBlock.java:72)
	at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTIfStatement.render(ASTIfStatement.java:87)
	at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.SimpleNode.render(SimpleNode.java:336)
	at org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Parse.render(Parse.java:260)
	at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTDirective.render(ASTDirective.java:175)
	at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.SimpleNode.render(SimpleNode.java:336)
	at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTIfStatement.render(ASTIfStatement.java:106)
	at org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Foreach.render(Foreach.java:366)
	at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTDirective.render(ASTDirective.java:175)
	at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTIfStatement.render(ASTIfStatement.java:106)
	at org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Parse.render(Parse.java:260)
	at org.apache.velocity.Template.merge(Template.java:328)
	at org.apache.velocity.Template.merge(Template.java:235)
	at org.apache.velocity.tools.view.servlet.VelocityViewServlet.performMerge(VelocityViewServlet.java:805)
	at com.mumsnet.baseservlets.CommonBaseServlet.performMerge(CommonBaseServlet.java:486)
	at org.apache.velocity.tools.view.servlet.VelocityViewServlet.mergeTemplate(VelocityViewServlet.java:762)
	at org.apache.velocity.tools.view.servlet.VelocityViewServlet.doRequest(VelocityViewServlet.java:555)
	at org.apache.velocity.tools.view.servlet.VelocityViewServlet.doGet(VelocityViewServlet.java:509)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:624)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:731)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:303)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208)
	at org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:52)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:241)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208)
	at com.mumsnet.filters.XSSFilter.doFilter(XSSFilter.java:29)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:241)
	at com.mumsnet.filters.CSRFFilter.doFilter(CSRFFilter.java:31)
	at com.mumsnet.filters.SessionNotifierInitialisationFilter.doFilter(SessionNotifierInitialisationFilter.java:28)
	at com.mumsnet.filters.AdvertisingFilter.doFilter(AdvertisingFilter.java:161)
	at com.mumsnet.filters.ReferralTrackingFilter.doFilter(ReferralTrackingFilter.java:147)
	at com.mumsnet.filters.FirstSeenCookieFilter.doFilter(FirstSeenCookieFilter.java:32)
	at com.mumsnet.filters.AuthenticationFilter.doFilter(AuthenticationFilter.java:38)
	at com.mumsnet.filters.RequestFilter.doFilter(RequestFilter.java:120)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:220)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:122)
	at de.javakaffee.web.msm.RequestTrackingContextValve.invoke(RequestTrackingContextValve.java:99)
	at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:505)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:169)
	at de.javakaffee.web.msm.RequestTrackingHostValve.invoke(RequestTrackingHostValve.java:170)
	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:103)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:116)
	at org.apache.catalina.valves.RemoteIpValve.invoke(RemoteIpValve.java:683)
	at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:436)
	at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1078)
	at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:625)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:316)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)