Talk

Advanced search

Behaviors and impact.

(5 Posts)
KCCS Sun 07-Apr-19 09:51:32

Sorry for the late reply, thank you for you comments. We have been thinking and we have talked to some more people, as much as we would like to take this issue further, it might work negatively towards us in the future when and if we want to sell. We should not feel that this kind of thing would have a negative impact for us, especially as it's something we have no control over, people with other backgrounds should be protected. If it seems like this is the way that it is then it's just sad, I'm speechless.

Thank you again

Thatsalovelycuppatea Sat 06-Apr-19 14:13:37

I would call the police. They are harassing your wife and I fear for her safety. You don't deserve to be treated this way.

fblake Fri 05-Apr-19 13:52:26

I'm so sorry to read what you're going through. I agree with Fannybaws, you should report them each time to the police, landlord or management company.
Hope it gets resolved soon and you and your family can live in peace.

Fannybaws52 Fri 05-Apr-19 13:25:18

You and your wife have the right to enjoy your home in peace.

If someone threatens you, call 101 and report it. The local council also has rules on the level of noise that is allowed and the time noise is permitted.

Look this up on your local council website and report any noise issues to them.

Don't try to talk to your neighbours anymore. They are using intimidation and have no interest in being reasonable. Report them every time to the Landlord, Police and Council.

Eventually, they will be dealt with or move.

KCCS Fri 05-Apr-19 13:07:21

Hi, we have an issue and are looking for some advice.

We had a dispute with our neighbours in the flat above about the noise.
All parties (us and them) know that the issue is because of the poor insulation in the building.

We are trying to resolve this issue, but we have a bigger problem now.

The flat above came down and banged on our door, so my wife opened the door and was shouted at by one of the tenants stating ‘what are you thinking’ (about the noise), he then asked her where she was from and stated that he needed to speak to me. My wife answered, ‘he is in Poland for work’ then he shouted at her ‘Liar’ and added ‘I know your husband goes to work by bike and his bike is just there’. Because of his attitude, my wife said to him ‘I’ll call the police or your management company’. Then he said to her ‘No, this is England, I’ll take care of this’.

My wife asked him ‘Please do not look down on me or make fun of me because of my background’.
Then he did a cultural gesture, (sorry I can’t explain the meaning of the gesture to you well in writing) as if he was making fun of her culture.

Next morning, he gave her a letter stating that he had contacted the landlord and he is coming around next Friday. My wife asked him what time the landlord would come around, but he didn’t answer. I contacted their management company to find out the time, then found out that he didn’t contacted the management company whatsoever!
The management company advised me to call the police.

My wife feels intimidated and hurt from the experience and also feels she has been made fun of and lied to and we now have concerns due to our 7-year-old daughter. When I was back in the UK, I talked to them and asked them if I had opened the door would they still have acted the same. They didn’t say anything.

Now we are thinking of reporting the incident to the police. But if we do that, it might have negative repercussions for us when we decide to sell our flat. It seems like we are in a helpless situation.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »