Talk

Advanced search

To ask what can I do..

(11 Posts)
NowIKnowHowJoanFelt Fri 05-Apr-19 09:52:55

To be a great co worker and a joy to supervise/manage?

Readytogogogo Fri 05-Apr-19 10:24:43

Maybe give a bit more information? smile

NowIKnowHowJoanFelt Fri 05-Apr-19 10:28:14

How can I be a nice, positive person to work with? And how can I be someone that my superiors enjoy managing? (Not to advance myself, just to be a positive asset to my workplace). If you are a co worker, or in management, what would that person look like for you!

Samind Fri 05-Apr-19 10:28:49

Why do you feel this way? Has someone said something?

NowIKnowHowJoanFelt Fri 05-Apr-19 10:32:11

No, nobody has said anything.. but I am conscious of my own (in my perception) deficiencies and I would like to be better if I could.

Stompythedinosaur Fri 05-Apr-19 10:34:40

Working hard will mean you will win over most people. Be pleasant to others around you. Have a reasonable level of personal hygiene and don't eat stinky food in shared areas. Be punctual. Be open to reasonable criticism.

ZaZathecat Fri 05-Apr-19 10:34:53

Have a positive attitude, be friendly without being a constant chatterer, only have a moan occasionally if warranted!

NowIKnowHowJoanFelt Fri 05-Apr-19 10:42:09

Thank you. Duly noted.

Eliza9919 Fri 05-Apr-19 14:28:39

If you are a co worker, or in management, what would that person look like for you!

- If I send you stuff with an action, do it by the deadline, don't make me chase you.
- If you don't understand something, ask me. Part of my role is to teach people to use the systems/processes.
- Email me instead of talking to me. This isn't just me being antisocial - Talking when I need to concentrate can be a distraction and I can work though my inbox and not miss any requests.
- Don't be a tapper, chair squeaker, pen clicker, or keyboard stabber. etc.

WhatToDoAboutWailmerGoneRogue Fri 05-Apr-19 14:34:17

I’m a manager. The crew I love to work with work hard, are happy, positive, enthusiastic, and happy to help out.

Even if you have a bad day, you shouldn’t bring it into work as that affects everyone around you.

NowIKnowHowJoanFelt Fri 05-Apr-19 15:35:43

Thank you both, very helpful.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »