Talk

Advanced search

To cancel a GP appointment?

(6 Posts)
NoHolidaysforyou Thu 04-Apr-19 23:51:04

My 2 y.o. ds was throwing up the last two days, it was hard to keep liquids down and I think it's a stomach bug. I booked a last minute routine appointment available for tomorrow online at 9:15 am when it was around 6 pm. He had a nap, woke up, and had been eating a lot as well as keeping it down (he had a tiny bit of crisps, chicken, a little bit of pudding and some milk) around 11 pm. He has kept all of this down so I cancelled the appointment. I am wondering if it was wrong to book/cancel? I just feel like it's silly to take him in if he has eaten well now and maybe they can give that appointment to someone else tomorrow as an emergency appointment? Am I overthinking this?

SneakyGremlins Thu 04-Apr-19 23:53:07

I'd ring and cancel first thing - he could be ill overnight?

sleepymummy2019 Thu 04-Apr-19 23:55:06

You’re overthinking it, but it’s nice of you to care! Someone else might be very grateful for that appointment, and if it stays empty then it gives the GP a chance to catch up or make a cup of tea.
It’s better to cance it than to turn up when you’re actually not worried at all. And you’re kindly not spreading the bug around 🙂

NoHolidaysforyou Thu 04-Apr-19 23:57:15

I cancelled on the app I booked the appointment on. He's had no fever and has kept everything down. I'll call in the morning as well maybe just to let them know he's kept his food down and make sure it's cancelled.

sleepymummy2019 Thu 04-Apr-19 23:58:25

And if your LO is poorly overnight you’ll just have to ring in the morning, it’s fine.
I like the sound of your GP’s booking system!

NoHolidaysforyou Thu 04-Apr-19 23:59:35

I do too! I love the MyGP app.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »