Talk

Advanced search

not to give her a lift?

(113 Posts)
thefairyfellersmasterstroke Thu 04-Apr-19 21:40:19

Or am I being an unhelpful bitch?

We're talking about two teenagers here, both still living at home with parents

DS's girlfriend lives rurally with no public transport, and when they go out she usually takes her car to avoid walking home along a dark deserted country lane. DS doesn't drive.

Tonight they've gone into town and GF has left her car as she wants to have a drink. DS has asked me if I would meet them off the bus when they return, and drive GF home. I asked why her parents can't collect her, but apparently they need to sleep early because they are working tomorrow (so am I!). It would take them barely 10 minutes to do, whereas it will take me about 25.

They will be arriving back around midnight, and although I'm usually awake at this time, I don't especially want to be going out at that time of night to take her home so her parents can get their beauty sleep. But I don't have any excuse not to, I just don't want to and don't feel it's my responsibilty.

Would IBU to suggest she just gets a taxi? I know she has no money and my son would end up paying. What would you do?

TheLightSideOfTheMoon Thu 04-Apr-19 21:42:35

Why can't she stay and leave in the morning?

sackrifice Thu 04-Apr-19 21:43:14

If she can't afford a taxi then she shouldn't go out drinking.

Why is your sleep less important than her parents'?

LizzieMacQueen Thu 04-Apr-19 21:45:18

Why would it take them 10 buy you 25 minutes? Isn't it the same round trip for you both?

CheekyChappy710 Thu 04-Apr-19 21:46:01

If it's a one off I'd just do it. If it happens a lot then no.

thefairyfellersmasterstroke Thu 04-Apr-19 21:46:28

She doesn't like staying here, it's not good enough for her!

ifoundthebread Thu 04-Apr-19 21:47:18

If it was a one off then I would just do it, you don't know what's going on in her household - the they need their sleep thing might be a shitty cover story. If you don't want to then just say no, you don't need to give a reason. They are adults and responsibile for getting them selves home.

StealthPolarBear Thu 04-Apr-19 21:47:51

She doesn't like staying with her boyfriend?!
Something wrong there

FetchezLaVache Thu 04-Apr-19 21:47:53

I'd give her a lift as a one-off, as she presumably drives your son around a fair bit.

TheLightSideOfTheMoon Thu 04-Apr-19 21:48:42

Your house isn't good enough but your car is?

Fuck her off.

Go to bed. Not your circus, not your monkey.

Cherrysoup Thu 04-Apr-19 21:48:52

She doesn't like staying here, it's not good enough for her!

Seriously?! Fucking hell, tell her to phone her own bloody parents, the rude bitch!

scratchbass Thu 04-Apr-19 21:49:05

If she's always doing the driving, I can see why sometimes your son should make the arrangements for getting home. She's probably got no money because she's a teenager and is running a car! Maybe a taxi paid for by him is the best option.

thefairyfellersmasterstroke Thu 04-Apr-19 21:49:15

Why would it take them 10 but you 25 minutes? Isn't it the same round trip for you both?

They live in the opposite direction. They'd only have to drive to the bus-stop and back, whereas I'd have to drive to the bus-stop, then to her house, then back past the bus-stop and back to mine.

UrsulaPandress Thu 04-Apr-19 21:51:36

Presusje gets fed up with driving your son around. So let him pay for a taxi.

How old are they?

NannyRed Thu 04-Apr-19 21:53:22

What’s wrong with her parents? She is their responsibility. Go to bed.

Sweetpea55 Thu 04-Apr-19 21:55:06

Get your son to pay for a taxi. Next time he ask you before the go out. Bit cheeky of him really

YAmILikeDis Thu 04-Apr-19 21:55:18

Not good enough to sleep over at but good enough to drive her around?

Nope.

thefairyfellersmasterstroke Thu 04-Apr-19 21:56:49

She doesn't like staying with her boyfriend?! Something wrong there

Nah, she's just not happy that he only has a single bed (cruel old me won't buy a bigger house so he can have a bigger room to fit a double into).

GruciusMalfoy Thu 04-Apr-19 21:58:41

Fuck that. She could sleep over at yours, it her parents could go and pick her up. It's not your responsibility.

Butteredghost Thu 04-Apr-19 21:59:52

Well actually that's fair, I couldn't sleep in a single bed with another person either (I mean literally it would be impossible to fall asleep). What about an air mattress or the couch though?

LordNibbler Thu 04-Apr-19 22:02:56

If she's old enough to drive a car, and she's old enough to go out drinking, she's certainly old enough to sort out her own transport home.
Not your problem.

Snog Thu 04-Apr-19 22:05:04

If you are usually awake then I would give her a lift (unless I didn't like her 😝)

Also fine for her to stay at yours or to get a taxi though.

Skittlesandbeer Thu 04-Apr-19 22:09:42

I’d say ‘sorry, no, you’ll have to sort yourselves or she’s welcome to our sofa.’

It’s rude of them to ask you so late in the peace. Feel free to add that if you’re given some decent notice (like 2-3 days) you might be more likely to consider it. But ‘going out for drinks’ doesn’t qualify for emergency mum taxi. Presumably they made the plan some time ago?

BummyKnocker Thu 04-Apr-19 22:10:18

I wouldn't be going anywhere at midnight when I have to be up the next day. Tell her to get a taxi as you do it once and you'll be asked again.

I sense you don't like her though.

Ontheboardwalk Thu 04-Apr-19 22:11:54

You really don’t like her do you?

thefairyfellersmasterstroke Thu 04-Apr-19 22:13:11

To respond to a few comments, she does drive him around a lot, but she hardly goes anywhere without her car. He pays for all her petrol (even when he's not out with her) and pays for everything when they go out as he is working and she is a student. Both 19.

Yes, it is a bit of cheek that the house isn't good enought but my car is - on this occasion at least! She has wrinkled her nose at the state of my car in the past, but I'm guessing she thinks beggars can't be choosers...

happyhillock Thu 04-Apr-19 22:14:17

I wouldn't be letting them sleep together anyway, she can have his bed, he can sleep on the settee, i wouldn't be driving her home at that time of night, your son can learn to drive then they can take turns to drive.

Drogosnextwife Thu 04-Apr-19 22:14:19

TBF I doubt I could sleep in a single bed with another fully grown adult, so that's not really "not being good enough for her" is it?

If I was awake anyway I would take her home, but it sounds like you don't like her very much anyway so just say no.

Peterpiperpickedwrong Thu 04-Apr-19 22:15:39

God I squashed into my boyfriends single for years! How old are they? And why would he have to pay for her taxi? Why not her?
If she isn’t prepared to ask her parents to give her a lift then def taxi. If DS is sucker enough to pay for it because she isn’t prepared to cosy up for the night that’s on him.
Having said that I have lost count of how often we have dropped DC girlfriend home because we think it’s too cold/far/late for a teen to walk! we are far too soft.

SaltSpoon Thu 04-Apr-19 22:16:03

Ah, give her a lift!

Chocolate35 Thu 04-Apr-19 22:16:33

Sod that! I take my teens friends home when their parents are working or at home with a little one. No one WANTS to do these trips, we do it because it’s our children so our responsibility. Her parents should pick her up or she should get a cab or she should share a single bed cuddled up with her boyfriend. She sounds like a brat.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Thu 04-Apr-19 22:17:10

She can have your DS bed , he can have the sofa.

If it was your DS driving her about , I think you'd be thinking differently maybe ?

At least she's not planning to drink and drive .

Andylion Thu 04-Apr-19 22:19:18

But I don't have any excuse not to

Yes you do. You have to work early tomorrow just as her parents do.
A one-off if you had been given notice? Maybe. But this sound like cheeky territory.

FrancisCrawford Thu 04-Apr-19 22:20:14

It’s up to her to make her arrangements to get home safely.

If she chooses not to drive, then she needs to either get a taxi or persuade her parents to come and get her. It’s a real cheek to expect you to do that at midnight on a week day.

Personally, I’d tell her she is welcome to stay with you, but you won’t be able to give her a lift. On acco7 t of the fact you are working early tomorrow.

JonSlow Thu 04-Apr-19 22:20:59

So if her parents were doing the taxi duties, they’d just pick her up and leave your DS at the bus stop?

GabsAlot Thu 04-Apr-19 22:22:50

er why should u shes not your daughter-theyre driving arrangement has nothng to do with it

Kaddm Thu 04-Apr-19 22:22:52

I’d get them on this occasion and just say quietly to your ds afterwards that please could they make sure they arrange stuff in advance.

BackforGood Thu 04-Apr-19 22:23:01

I would, because sometimes it is nice to have a drink.
Maybe one day she would pick you up from somewhere so you can have a drink.
You've said you are usually still awake then anyway, and it's not something they ask generally - it is a one off.
She drives your ds all over, which potentially saves you some lift giving ?

In my thinking, it is a bit of give and take and doing something nice for someone.

I do get the impression from the tone of your posts, that you don't like her though.

thefairyfellersmasterstroke Thu 04-Apr-19 22:23:50

TBF I doubt I could sleep in a single bed with another fully grown adult, so that's not really "not being good enough for her" is it?

There's more - that was just for the person who thought there was an issue in her not wanting to sleep with her boyfriend. I'm not going into it all though as it's not really relevant to my AIBU.

You don't like her much, do you

She's alright, just a bit precious. She treats her parents with utter disdain (typical teenage girl!) and I feel she does a little with me too, which is probably what's making me less inclined to want to help out. Parent gave her the car so I suspect they regard her as being responsible for her own travel arrangements now. I imagind they'd think me a mug if I do this.

ReallyReallyNo Thu 04-Apr-19 22:26:55

“No, you’ll have to make your own arrangements I.e taxi or she calls her parents.”
Don’t get in to a debate and don’t apologise for saying no.

ErickBroch Thu 04-Apr-19 22:27:00

I wouldn't mind but not at midnight. I think it's more of a problem with your DS that he would ask his mum, at 19 years old, to pick him and his gf up on a work-night at midnight? Get a bloody cab.

hungryfortheinvisible Thu 04-Apr-19 22:27:43

I think you should give her a lift on this occasion. Not because it's your responsibility, but because a single, young female out at night is potentially vulnerable. It may be that your son has said you can take her home and she has subsequently told her parents that. Maybe everyone thinks the arrangement is in place and that's it. Really, I think the issue is how your son handled this with you. And perhaps that's the conversation to have for the future. But tonight, when they've both been drinking, as you're going to pick him up anyway, pick her up too, make sure everyone is home safe and then address it tomorrow.

Alternatively, if he could pay for her to get a cab home, why doesn't he pay for them to both get a cab to your house, or hers (if that's her preference)?

bobo26 Thu 04-Apr-19 22:32:57

You seem to dislike the girl...

I would do it as a favour to your son. Assuming he's never asked you to do this before?

Yabbers Thu 04-Apr-19 22:36:12

but because a single, young female out at night is potentially vulnerable

Seems not to bother her own parents. Who, I’m fairly certain bought a car for her so they didn’t have to ferry her about at midnight.

If they can afford a drink, they can afford a taxi.

thefairyfellersmasterstroke Thu 04-Apr-19 22:39:54

Staying over is really not an option, she has rejected the offer of the bed/sofa arrangement several times before - she will only sleep with him or not stay at all.

So if her parents were doing the taxi duties, they’d just pick her up and leave your DS at the bus stop?

I suspect her dad would - he once collected them from the airport after a holiday and wouldn't drive DS home. Dropped him in the town centre and I had to go and get him and his luggage. I didn't mind, but I've got them from the airport about 5 times now and always take her home.

hungryfortheinvisible Thu 04-Apr-19 22:44:49

@Yabbers I meant on the basis that the parents think she's being given a lift home already.

Their parents don't sound very caring though based on not taking the OPs son all the way home from the airport.

Drogosnextwife Thu 04-Apr-19 22:48:07

See I think all the extra stuff is relevant, after your updates it sounds like she's a bit of a spoilt brat that has an attitude, so I wouldn't be doing her any favours. If she was a lovely woman who was polite and hadn't been a brat towards me I would give her a lift without hesitation.

leafy22 Thu 04-Apr-19 22:48:04

Give her the lift .. she's doing the right thing and being responsible... it's just a one time ask it sounds like.

Yabbers Thu 04-Apr-19 22:49:09

Why are they any worse than the OP, who doesn’t want to give GF a lift either?

You have no idea what their deal is. They may well be sick of this lad mooching lifts off GF all the time.

Brienneoftarthiloveyou Thu 04-Apr-19 22:49:48

Just say no Op - no excuses, just tell them you're going to bed as have work the next day. Like you say, she's welcome to stay over but if she doesn't want to, that's her choice.

Plus they're both adults, so should be able to sort themselves out when they go out drinking for a night.

Jux Thu 04-Apr-19 22:51:07

Just pick them up and rive them to your house. If she doesn't like it she can call her parents to come and get her.

Atalune Thu 04-Apr-19 22:51:28

The dad did what???!!

No way. No bloody way. What a horrible snobby lot they are. You’re son can do so so much better.

MsSquiz Thu 04-Apr-19 22:51:45

She has the option to stay at your house, she chooses not to accept so she needs to sort her own transport arrangements out to ensure she gets home.

She can stay at yours
She can pay for a taxi
She can ask your DS to pay half of her taxi
She can not drink on a night out and drive home

Those are her 4 options to end her evening.

She's old enough to drive, she's old enough to sort herself out!

I would not be giving her a lift home

KiwiUpATree Thu 04-Apr-19 22:51:56

I’m sure just this once wouldn’t be the end of the world, just make it clear it’s a one-off

GabsAlot Thu 04-Apr-19 22:54:48

definitely not she has options her parents couldnt give a toss but shes not a child

EKGEMS Thu 04-Apr-19 22:55:03

Tell her to call a damn Uber

BaronessBomburst Thu 04-Apr-19 22:55:38

She's 19. I would not be ferrying her around. confused

thefairyfellersmasterstroke Thu 04-Apr-19 22:55:43

as you're going to pick him up anyway

I'm not! He has an easy walk home from the bus-stop. Even easier than driving from the bus-stop, thanks to a complex and unnecessary one-way system, but that's another story.

I've decided that I will do it, but will make it clear that it's definitely a one-off and they will have to do a bit of forward thinking about how to handle future late nights when GF doesn't have her car.

Thanks for all your advice. Good to get impartial suggestions as DS's dad said I should just tell her to F**k off (not helpful).

PolarBearDisguisedAsAPenguin Thu 04-Apr-19 22:56:20

As a one off, I would do it because she drives your DS around so much. Even if he pays for the petrol, he presumably is far better off than getting taxis.

But if she has expected this on several occasions already, I’d say no.

Travis1 Thu 04-Apr-19 22:57:45

No I wouldn’t. Big enough to go drinking. Big enough to get themselves home.

hungryfortheinvisible Thu 04-Apr-19 22:58:44

@Yabbers I don't necessarily think they're any worse than the OP, just that they may believe that there's a plan in place to get their daughter home safely. I think you said in the previous message that they don't seem to care about how she gets home, but that may not be the case, they may just be working on the basis that the OPs son said giving her a lift home was fine.

But, equally, I don't think the OP is doing anything wrong by questioning not giving her a lift home. It is ultimately not her responsibility. But faced with leaving a young female alone on the street, I would let her get in and give her a lift home for her own safety. Then address it properly with her son tomorrow to make him realise his expectation isn't reasonable.

TomorrowsDiet Thu 04-Apr-19 23:01:31

I wouldn’t have gone to collect her. In an emergency, yes, but not for a random night out. Be careful not to set a precedent!

hungryfortheinvisible Thu 04-Apr-19 23:02:00

Ah, x post with the OP. I didn't realise that you were expected to go out with the sole intention of collecting her and taking her home. I thought you were going to collect him regardless. That is completely unreasonable to ask of you.

MrsJasonIsbell Thu 04-Apr-19 23:07:18

I would do it! But I'm helpful (soft) and I never get to sleep before 1ish anyway. I like doing things for my kids and their friends.

RebeccaWrongDaily Thu 04-Apr-19 23:08:15

it's midnight, not 3 am. I'd do it. They are only young once, you've said you'll likely be awake. Why wouldn't you?

NotStayingIn Thu 04-Apr-19 23:08:46

Isn’t this your sons problem? He could offer her his bed and sleep on the floor/sofa or work out alternative arrangements with her. It’s his relationship, not yours. I think I would drive on very rare occasion when really necessary but not in this instance.

adultcat Thu 04-Apr-19 23:15:52

Can your son not walk her home and stay at hers?

RedHatsDoNotSuitMe Thu 04-Apr-19 23:21:50

I was wondering that adultcat

If it was me, I would do it, because she's your DS's current choice of partner and I think it's nice to get on with them. One day he'll bring one home and he'll be intending to spend the rest of his life with her. You want to make sure you get on with that one! or there'll be MIL threads about you in the future

thefairyfellersmasterstroke Thu 04-Apr-19 23:21:54

But if she has expected this on several occasions already, I’d say no.

This request is a first, but there have been a few others, such as collecting them from an overnight houseparty as GF was working in the afternoon and had missed her bus back. And collecting them from the middle of nowhere at night because her car wouldn't start and her DF wouldn't go to help her, but told her to join the AA then they would come out. So together with the airport pick-ups I think I have done quite well in helping her out with lifts!

I suspect it's now become expected that I will always come to the rescue, so that's a conversation to have with DS tomorrow. Thanks again, all. flowers

Maryann1975 Thu 04-Apr-19 23:28:28

I couldn’t sleep in a single bed with another adult now, but I’m pretty sure as an older teenager/early 20 something I did quite a lot of times! Lack of options meant it didn’t bother us then but I much prefer a more comfortable life now.

I am shocked to read your update about her dad refusing to bring your ds home though, how rude!
I think you should say no to the lift, but she is more than welcome to stay at yours and get over her aversion to your home and you will drive her into town to collect her car on your way to work in the morning (if that works for you).

thefairyfellersmasterstroke Thu 04-Apr-19 23:29:01

Can your son not walk her home and stay at hers?

Her parents have odd rules about when he's allowed to be there - not quite worked them out yet (neither has he) - so probably not an option on this occasion.

DontCallMeCharlotte Thu 04-Apr-19 23:29:13

Well her Dad sounds delightful!

LittleChristmasMouse Thu 04-Apr-19 23:38:48

Oh I'm clearly too soft. It's always us doing the lifts. I can never see one of the friends travel home alone.

To be fair now other parents have started taking a turn but I would rather us do all the driving than one of their friends be in danger.

BackforGood Thu 04-Apr-19 23:46:32

She's 19. I would not be ferrying her around.

I'm in my mid 50s. I very much appreciate it when either dh, or one of my dc has kindly offered to come and pick me up from somewhere, so I can have a drink on the odd occasion. It's just called being nice to people.

He parents (Dad in particular) sound particularly unhelpful. However, it is not a race to the bottom. Be the better person.

Peterpiperpickedwrong Thu 04-Apr-19 23:53:58

she will only sleep with him or not stay at all.

I read this and thought She needs to bunk up or make her own arrangements but then ..
collecting them from the middle of nowhere at night because her car wouldn't start and her DF wouldn't go to help her, but told her to join the AA then they would come out. So together with the airport pick-ups I think I have done quite well in helping her out with lifts!

Yes you have! Her parents sound awful. What dad doesn’t pick up his stranded child M or F?
Then with a Q re him staying with her..
Her parents have odd rules about when he's allowed to be there - not quite worked them out yet (neither has he)
Seems like her parents are just happy to have her out of the house and then to not have any responsibilities towards her, are they drinkers or something? If not, I can’t think why any parent wouldn’t pick up a stranded child or let a friend stay over (either on sofa or spare bed if not with DD)
I mean DC is a PITA but I would always (have DH) pick up rather than see them stranded or walk for miles late at night.

BlackPrism Fri 05-Apr-19 00:00:07

A single bed is hardly 'not good enough for her' it's is quite simply just too small. It's a SINGLE occupancy bed. If you don't like her just say so and stop making up perceived slights.

SevenSeasofRye Fri 05-Apr-19 00:08:05

Her parents sound neglectful and rude. She sounds entitled and rude.
I would offer her the sofa or let her get a taxi. End of.

Jux Fri 05-Apr-19 01:41:23

Her parents sound ridiculous and rude.

Yes, as others have said, have a word with the lovebirds so they know that this was a one-off.

reallybadinterview Fri 05-Apr-19 04:48:16

I'd normally be inclined to say yes. However given that she has the option of a place to sleep but refuses it, I'd say no. She can't have other options which work perfectly well but refuse them to your inconvenience.

namemcnamechange Fri 05-Apr-19 05:10:05

I do wonder if you are perhaps assuming she's a snob...by the sounds of things her parents don't give a shjt about her, and she's probably mortified so rather than admit that, you get excuses. Also perhaps your son is insistent on asking you as opposed to it being her choice. My DP is a fully grown man and will still call his bloody mum to pick him up (sometimes us without me knowing) because he knows she will and he's an idiot, I am embarrassed beyond belief but there's no telling him. So perhaps you just don't really know her story and sounds like you don't want to.

mrsm43s Fri 05-Apr-19 05:14:30

Sounds like she normally does far more than her fair share of the driving, and just for once she would like a drink and for your son to take his turn at providing the transport for them. He has done that by asking you. It's your son who you should be having words with. It doesn't sound like he does his fair share of providing transport, and he seems to ask you as the default option. He is very entitled. If he can't drive, he should be arranging a taxi for every other journey, and not using you as an unpaid personal taxi service.

kateandme Fri 05-Apr-19 05:35:41

yes another one thinking you sound like you really don't like her.its screaming from you tone in writing.

MetroToy Fri 05-Apr-19 05:48:42

How often does she drive your ds around?

I'd do it if it was rarely asked of me.

PregnantSea Fri 05-Apr-19 06:07:54

I don't think it's a huge deal to give her a lift, but you clearly don't want to. So don't. You don't have to give a reason. You certainly aren't obligated in this situation

YesimstillwatchingNetflix Fri 05-Apr-19 06:13:22

I would do it. They are being responsible by not driving. As a fellow woman I wouldn't want her forced to walk home in the dark from the stop, it's just not safe.

I don't think not wanting to share a single bed is precious BTW. They are grown adults, it would be incredibly uncomfortable.

You don't know the real deal with her parents, so I wouldn't be side eyeing them and getting worked up over their sleep.

Ignore what other people do, just do the right thing yourself when the opportunity arises.

TrotEsio Fri 05-Apr-19 06:18:06

You've picked them up from the airport 5 times?

If they can afford (at least) 6 holidays abroad then surely they can afford a taxi.

Ellenborough Fri 05-Apr-19 06:32:18

If the offer is there for her to stay then she can either stay, or find her own way home.

Margot33 Fri 05-Apr-19 06:37:00

If they are old enough to go out drinking then she can get a taxi home. Just explain you need an early night because if work in the morning so to get a taxi.

Springwalk Fri 05-Apr-19 06:40:31

I would offer for her to sleep over (like or not) but say you can't give her a lift due to work commitments. They can either arrange a taxi for her or her parents can collect her if she is unwilling to stay.

Why don't you like her? Do you feel she judges your home?

Barbarafromblackpool Fri 05-Apr-19 07:04:57

At uni, everyone squashed into single beds!

Holidayshopping Fri 05-Apr-19 07:09:06

I wouldn’t do it but I would have said no when they asked. Honestly-sounds like her and her dad are horrid!

Mememeplease Fri 05-Apr-19 08:29:04

Tbh it does rankle when you end up being the default lift giver with their friends or partners, but I do it for my children's sake, not for the friend particularly.

I'd make it clear that in future you are not keen at that time of night when there is a sofa available. Then it's up to them to choose. Sofa or taxi etc. You've given them a safe, cheap option.

beenhereages1 Fri 05-Apr-19 08:50:51

I know this was last night so has now happened, but make sure you have a chat with DS about it not being a regular thing.

I'm the mum who does an awful lot more for DS's mates. I'm a soft touch and I like doing things for them all but I do get a little taken advantage of.

Friedspamfritters Fri 05-Apr-19 09:00:11

I don't see why DS can't pay for a taxi since she's always ferrying him about. Sounds a bit like you don't like her.

GabsAlot Fri 05-Apr-19 10:24:01

why dont people read op posts

shes picked them up five times from their holiday-her df picked up his dd then left ops son to make his own way

they dont do their fair share her driving him is irrelevant if he pays all the petriol all the time

BarrenFieldofFucks Fri 05-Apr-19 10:26:41

Her parents should get her.

pinkyredrose Fri 05-Apr-19 10:38:23

Off topic but how many holidays do they have!

FrancisCrawford Fri 05-Apr-19 10:48:39

because a single, young female out at night is potentially vulnerable

Which is why everyone (young and old, male and female) should always make secure plans for getting home after a night out drinking.

not relying on a third party to run them around. She is 19, and should be taking personal responsibility, not getting chauffeured around by her BFs mum who has to work the next day. That’s pretty much the definition of entitled.

If she can’t afford a taxi, she can’t afford to go out drinking. It’s as simple as that.

ChristmasFluff Fri 05-Apr-19 17:32:59

What does it matter if OP doesn't particularly like this girlfriend, when she is still doing this ferrying around that the gf's own parents won't do??

And for people who have never slept in a single bed with a partner - you have really missed out on pure unadulterated teenage love. I cherish those single-bed nights. And still did them right into my 40s.

OP, apparently they are 19? They need to sort out their own stuff. Glad you are speaking to them tomorrow.

Holidayshopping Fri 05-Apr-19 18:11:19

How many foreign holidays have they had?! She doesn’t sound that skint!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »