Talk

Advanced search

To ask about your prolapses?

(22 Posts)
JazzyBBG Mon 08-Apr-19 22:06:56

See a women's health physio. If you're in the midlands google Fiona Mitchell.

Sunflower6 Mon 08-Apr-19 22:04:24

Physio even!

Sunflower6 Mon 08-Apr-19 22:03:51

Hi I have a prolapse and weak pelvic floor muscles. I have recently bought a kegel 8 pelvic toner to see if that helps.

I also have health insurance and am going to check whether that covers private women's health physiology

Whoopstheregomyinsides Fri 05-Apr-19 20:34:00

Wonder if my health insurance would pay out for this...I don’t want it to become a big deal as I already feel bad having kept it from my husband

sar302 Fri 05-Apr-19 19:36:05

Mild bladder and bowel prolapses here, courtesy of episiotomy, forceps and a stuck 9.5lb baby.

I'm now 16 months PP. Had 8 months of pelvic floor physio and now working with a private woman's physio who is also a trained Pilates instructor. I am doing A LOT better.

Please get a referral / pay to see a women's health physio. It's not always just as easy as "do your kegels", and with proper help, you can make a difference to both your symptoms, and how you feel mentally.

Good luck. It sucks! But you're not alone thanks

Badgersmummy25 Fri 05-Apr-19 19:31:34

If you are on Facebook, both APOPS and Pelvic Prolapse UK are great groups to join as they are full of info and everyone understands what you are going through and shares experience, treatments etc X

Whoopstheregomyinsides Fri 05-Apr-19 18:37:13

Thank you. She said mine was the start of one but could definitely feel it and was happy to refer if exercises don’t work. I might invest in cones if anyone recommends ?

mummymeister Fri 05-Apr-19 10:31:23

I had a uterine and bowel prolapse after my last pregnancy due to a combination of lots of babies in a short space of time all 9lb+ in weight. I tried the exercises given by the doctor and they seemed to help a bit but constipation made it just horrible and I noticed that over the years it was getting a little bit worse each time I had a bout of constipation. the constipation was made worse by the fear of "pushing" to poo too hard. I tried the rubber ring which made no difference whatsoever and in the end decided it was so bad ( very little bladder control) that I needed surgery. I had this on both bits and the effect was instant. But the surgeon was very clear about never lifting anything heavy again. so I haven't - not moved a sofa, lifted a table or anything heavier than a chair. The biggest reason for the surgery failing is because of the lifting. it does impact my life but only to a small extent and its honestly a small price to pay as I wouldn't want to go back to the incontinence stage again. It will need re-doing at some point but its almost 10 years now and still much improved.

SallyWD Fri 05-Apr-19 10:12:55

No. I never tried them as I feel like my prolapses are under control. I'd give them a go in the future if things get worse.

Whoopstheregomyinsides Thu 04-Apr-19 22:06:19

Anyone used the cones?

SallyWD Thu 04-Apr-19 21:43:41

I have bladder, bowel and uterine prolapses. The pelvic floor exercises have helped. I bought a machine called Kegal8 (or something) that strengthens the muscles. I also bought a dvd called Hab-it that is a great set of exercises for prolapse. If you are recently postpartum or breastfeeding then it does get better. When you're breastfeeding you are low on oestrogen and this causes the prolapses to be more noticeable. Even though I have 3 prolapses and they are moderate, not mild they don't really bother me. I haven't felt the need to have surgery.

Whoopstheregomyinsides Thu 04-Apr-19 21:43:29

Not being constipated is a good plan. I should drink more

Whoopstheregomyinsides Thu 04-Apr-19 21:42:41

Thank you all SO much. I feel much less alone. I’ve not even told DH as I’m ashamed that I’m feeling crap about myself as a woman. He’d be absolutely lovely but I just don’t want to share

BluishMoon Thu 04-Apr-19 21:36:36

I have exactly the same issues as you OP and I suspect the beginning of a rectocele. Really really important not to get constipated as this will make it worse. I think years of IBS has definitely contributed to mine, and 3 children of course.

The good thing is, if it's only mild you can usually prevent worsening by pelvic floor exercises

Stopandlook Thu 04-Apr-19 21:28:54

I live with mine, showed my doc soon after giving birth but she didn’t think it was that bad. Definitely have issues doing a poo sometimes though, plus I’m sure I need to wee more often because of it.
I’ve kind of got used to the feeling, at first it felt like I had something between my legs (like a slipped tampon feeling)

NC2605 Thu 04-Apr-19 21:26:10

Name changed for this myself.. I also had a similar recent experience where I have a small prolapse diagnosed 16m after DC was born. Didn't have a hugely traumatic birth but 2nd degree year, infection and a month or so to heal. Also just got told to do pelvic floor exercises to fix it.. not sure if it will actually fix it.. but have been using the PFEI app to build up.. They have lots of levels on the paid app and it builds strength. It seems to be working as I feel like I am not having the same discomfort most days? But tbh without another internal exam I wouldn't know. I'm due another DC in a few months so I know nothing can be done anyway it's just damage limitation. Scary though reading how bad some prolapses can be. Im scared it will be worse after another pregnancy and birth. Anyway I'm kind of getting all my thoughts off my chest. But I mean to recommend the app.

Pixie2015 Thu 04-Apr-19 21:25:25

Exercises work if done properly - the Squeezy app is good for timing exercises - good lick

CokeAndCrispsAndDip Thu 04-Apr-19 21:23:20

Had a uterine prolapse and mild bladder and bowel. No amount of exercises or expensive gadgets helped, I had a successful hyteroplexy.

Feel for you, it suck to discover it but try and avoid straining and I would get checked at the docs. No fun but necessary to get the help you need

Whoopstheregomyinsides Thu 04-Apr-19 21:20:29

Probably now just identified myself to anyone who knows me but hey ho

Whoopstheregomyinsides Thu 04-Apr-19 21:19:44

Interesting - my mum has had a prolapse and had hysterectomy ( also had a rectal tumour but anyway...another tale)
I had second baby super fast and pushed like s woman demented, due to over zealous pessary dosing by MW and not been the same since

Pooshy Thu 04-Apr-19 21:15:06

I do but it's got a lot better

It's hereditary for me and from having two kids

Whoopstheregomyinsides Thu 04-Apr-19 21:12:05

Name changed for this both to protect my identity and also just because. I’ve just been told I do indeed have the start of a prolapse. I’ve been feeling bulging when having a poo and just not right. Issues with tampons falling out when going to the loo and feeling a bit crap “down there”
Doc prescribed pelvic floor exercise. 3 times a day. Anyone actually had success with these? Any experience of the cones or other gadgets which jump out enticingly from Google?
Yours hopefully

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »