Talk

Advanced search

To be amazed that some people actually believe the earth is flat.

(137 Posts)
Sweetlittlepug Thu 04-Apr-19 15:56:16

Just that really, and they also believe NASA is fake and man didn't really land on the moon. It's like they don't believe anything. shock

CrazyDuchess Thu 04-Apr-19 15:57:17

Did you watch the Netflix documentary grin

Sweetlittlepug Thu 04-Apr-19 15:59:05

Crazyduchess no I didn't, is it about this? It's shocking though isn't it.

nornironrock Thu 04-Apr-19 15:59:35

There are many things that people believe where all the evidence points in another direction. Some more controversial, some less so.

Homeopathy
Vaccinations causing other illnesses
God
The earth being 6000 years old
Italian cars falling apart due to rust
Chips without salt and vinegar being acceptable
Any other biscuit being better than a custard cream

(can open.... worms everywhere)

AlaskanOilBaron Thu 04-Apr-19 16:00:13

I saw some snippets of this one. Was there any point at which they answered my most burning question - is it possible to fall off the earth?

I'd really like to know what they say happens where you reach the edge.

Sweetlittlepug Thu 04-Apr-19 16:01:59

I've been watching someone on YouTube who debunks all these crazies and he's hilarious.

CabbageHippy Thu 04-Apr-19 16:02:15

this is why Australia is a made up place & doesn't really exist

CaptainButtock Thu 04-Apr-19 16:02:27

Yes Alaskan!! I always think that!
How do they think no ones ever fallen off the edge??!

badlydrawnperson Thu 04-Apr-19 16:03:22

There's a special prize for the first person to mention brexit on this thread smile

IvanaPee Thu 04-Apr-19 16:03:43

Whatever about God (because it can’t be proven that there isn’t a god, technically) the evidence that the earth is a sphere is right there.

Like, what do they think happens??

SimonJT Thu 04-Apr-19 16:03:50

I quite like the idea that people think Australia doesn’t exist. Bonkers.

BarbaraofSevillle Thu 04-Apr-19 16:03:52

Cabbage I thought that was Finland?

blueskiespls Thu 04-Apr-19 16:04:06

You can't fall off the edge because of the Ice Wall. We are apparently under a huge dome of ice b

Babdoc Thu 04-Apr-19 16:04:34

Never mind actually falling off the edge - how come nobody’s ever found it and looked over it?!
Flat Earthers are hilarious.

Sweetlittlepug Thu 04-Apr-19 16:04:43

Alaskan Apparently you can't go to Antarctica, it's heavily guarded (and packed with ice) but if you did manage it, you'd fall off the edge. confused

thenightsky Thu 04-Apr-19 16:05:31

I thought it was Finland that didn't exit.

AlaskanOilBaron Thu 04-Apr-19 16:06:35

I also really want to know how the Mormon polygamists propose to deal with all the extra men who get no wife/wives.

BarbaraofSevillle Thu 04-Apr-19 16:07:21

The flat earther's minds would really be blown if told that Alaska and Russia are really close to each other, such that it's possible to walk between them in winter on the ice.

Floralhousecoat Thu 04-Apr-19 16:08:47

Op could you post a link to the YouTuber you watch?

Sweetlittlepug Thu 04-Apr-19 16:09:11

There was one on YouTube and he thought he was dead clever, he was pointing out Florida on a map and saying it was only actually half the size they tell us, and this guy that debunks them all said dryly " there's only one problem with that, that's Italy" Absolutely laughed out loud. grin

Crabbyandproudofit Thu 04-Apr-19 16:09:11

@badlydrawnboy

You just set yourself up to win there! Or does it have to be someone who hasn't RTFT?

Stressedout10 Thu 04-Apr-19 16:10:33

Unfortunately dsd's bf is one of these idiot's he also believes in ancient aliens 😱😭

FabulouslyFab Thu 04-Apr-19 16:10:36

Isn’t Antartica the circumference of the world which is under a dome ?
Apparently the Flatearthers want to measure the coastline and the results will prove that the world is flat.

Sweetlittlepug Thu 04-Apr-19 16:10:52

Floral yes give me a minute.

bagpiss Thu 04-Apr-19 16:11:39

I saw the documentary in which the main guy 'mark' said something like, look you can see seattle, if the earth was round you wouldn't see seattle' with a 'point proved' face.
I easily googled seattle, its the HIGHEST state elevation wise in the USA! Ergo, you can see it from where he was as it's above the general curvature. 🤦‍♀️.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »