Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to want to call my colleague out?

(6 Posts)
weirdcolleagues Wed 03-Apr-19 21:14:54

Just before I left my office yesterday a colleague asked to borrow some paperwork and said she would put it on my desk again later - after I had left. I agreed to this.
I left my desk tidy with my notepad I write my ideas in and with various loose notes in closed on my desk.
I have an office to myself at the moment but other colleagues' keys open the office.
This morning the paperwork the colleague had borrowed was on my desk but the notepad was open and the loose papers were in a different order.
I suspect my colleague couldn't resist peeking. There was nothing confidrntial there but she has no business snooping.
One half of me says forget about it but the other half wants to say something. What would you do and if you say something, what would you say?

Eeeeeby Wed 03-Apr-19 21:20:45

I'd leave it. She might have snooped, but there's no way she'll admit it and you'll end up looking paranoid.

TixieLix Wed 03-Apr-19 21:30:13

I wouldn't call them out but if the same situation were to arise again I'd make sure I left a new piece of loose paper in the notebook with "were you snooping for anything in particular" in big letters as a nice surprise grin.

AnnieOH1 Wed 03-Apr-19 21:38:03

Or she accidentally dropped it, or the cleaner maybe? I would think most snoopers would be much more careful for things to not be visibly moved.

gokartdillydilly Thu 04-Apr-19 08:44:29

I had a colleague who, I suspected, frequently used to go through my drawers when 'working' late. It stopped immediately after I left a couple of post-its with 'are you the nosy bastard?' and 'fuck off out of my stuff'. He never said anything, and obviously couldn't report me for inappropriate behaviour!

Friedspamfritters Thu 04-Apr-19 08:49:16

Don't publically call her out. If you want to you could subtly let her know you know, say you're missing a piece of paper from your notepad she didn't happen to see it did she?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »