Talk

Advanced search

Pengate AIBU?

(3 Posts)
Rhubarbisevil Wed 03-Apr-19 20:55:55

DH has just asked about a magnetic surface pro pen that he put on a very old metal music stand. This music stand was 12 years old and was held together with parcel tape as it kept falling apart.

I say “was”...

I bought a new music stand and threw away the other one so it was in the black landfill bin for at least a week before it went off with the bin lorry.

DH didn’t tell anyone he put the pen there. He says he did but apparently we (DS and I) weren’t listening.

So, this was January. DH asked where the pen was tonight.

AIBU to say it was his fault. He says it’s my fault for not looking for something I didn’t know existed in a random place where I didn’t know it was.

But he could see there was a music stand in the kitchen diner where DS does his music practice so why didn’t he say something at the time??

Yes I AWBU to put it in the black bin, fair cop.

Ohtherewearethen Wed 03-Apr-19 20:59:16

I always check with my family if it's ok to throw something away first, or rather, tell them I'm chucking something and they can object if necessary. Purely so I can't get the blame if they later decide it was something terribly important (even if it hasn't been looked at for a year).

Rhubarbisevil Wed 03-Apr-19 21:06:51

I take your point. But I’d been talking about getting a new music stand as everyone kept falling over the old one as it collapsed at every foot movement.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »