Talk

Advanced search

Study, work and kids....uuughh!!

(17 Posts)
Youngandfree Wed 03-Apr-19 18:24:45

Shout out to anyone else who works full time, is studying and had DC. OMG WHY Do we do these things to ourselves??? Just a thread to have a moan if needs be...😩😩 posting here for traffic 🙏

Neverender Wed 03-Apr-19 18:30:27

I hear ya! I have a 2yr old, a full time job and am doing an MBA - I don't know how!

Youngandfree Wed 03-Apr-19 19:17:59

@Neverender go you 💕👍!!! I am actually baffled as to why I have done this to myself 😭😭. Glad to hear I’m not alone!! It doesn’t help that Dh is away!! This things always seem like a good idea at the beginning 😂😂

mouse26 Wed 03-Apr-19 19:36:50

Mine are 11 and 15 and it's still tough trying to study, work and look after them, I definitely wouldn't have managed it with toddlers confused

NorthernChinchilla Wed 03-Apr-19 19:38:50

Yep, work FT, have a 7 and a 3 year old, DP doing part time under grad degree, me part time research Masters.
Madness grin

Youngandfree Wed 03-Apr-19 19:44:23

@mouse26 yes mine are 3 and 6. 😭 there’s too much to do think I’m going crazy 😜

Youngandfree Wed 03-Apr-19 19:44:50

@NorthernChinchilla omg you guys are v busy!! 💕

Wishiwasonholiday1 Wed 03-Apr-19 19:45:01

It is the hardest thing ever. I got my doctorate in December, 2 children and a full time job, there were so many times I was reduced to tears over trying to manage everything but it's worth it in the end. winethanks

suziedoozy Wed 03-Apr-19 19:53:20

I’m six months into my PhD and had a baby 2 weeks ago... I have 6 months off then back to it! I’m crazy aren’t I 😳

Marmitemadmummy Wed 03-Apr-19 19:55:20

I somehow managed to complete my qualifications to become an accountant via home study while working full time with 2 children (one with a lot of additional needs and has had 11 operations), a husband that worked away 4 days a week and despite only having maths GCSE at grade F and other very low grades! Took me 10 years with a lot of retakes but I was so proud of myself when I finally completed it. You can do it! Might have been easier if I hadn't been a nightmare teenager...

CustardOmlet Wed 03-Apr-19 20:00:07

2yr old and 6yr old, full time job and half way through a part time masters. DH also planning on starting a part time PGCert from September. I am exhausted, my house is a mess and I just want wine!!! Got a 5k word deadline in two weeks and I’ve done nothing, I’m sure I’ll start it tomorrow blush

Youngandfree Wed 03-Apr-19 20:03:31

Oh god I’m so glad I’m not alone!! It’s so nice to hear we are all in the same boat, dh works away at sea so I am literally on my own for weeks at a time 😩 but like you all say it will be worth it in the end (hopefully!) sending 💕💕to you all!!

Camomila Wed 03-Apr-19 20:14:17

This will be me soon smile

Currently mainly a SAHM to a nearly 3 year old/doing pt masters but I've just had an offer for a full time job starting after Easter (Just have to do all my assignments and my dissertation at the weekends I guess!)

JHaniver Wed 03-Apr-19 20:16:59

I work full time, have a four and a two year old and am studying for an MA. I don’t know why I’m doing this to myself! I thought when I started that my children would be sleeping by now but it turns out I was wrong and I am trying to write a dissertation in snatched moments.

BetterEatCheese Wed 03-Apr-19 20:19:49

I work 20 Hours, plus work from home 10 hours a week, plus 15 hours Open Uni degree per week .. its hard

JasperRising Wed 03-Apr-19 20:21:30

You guys are incredible! I did a p/t masters while doing a full time job (everyone else on the course was part time, retired or being a full time student with part time study to allow more sport time!) before kids and that was hard enough!

I spontaneously signed up for a term of evening classes (with final assignment) and am now thinking I was mad to do that alongside job and toddler. I doesn't even get me any career advancement! I thought it would be fun hmm.

topcat2014 Wed 03-Apr-19 20:36:09

@marmitemadmummy - I did accountancy pre family, and then (at about 40) decided to add tax to the mix.

I remember sitting in the exam room and thinking it is about 24 years since my first public exams - what was I thinking.

Oh, and you don't get any better at studying with age - or at least didnt in my case

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: