Talk

Advanced search

WIBU to ask for management advice?

(3 Posts)
LoopyLou1981 Wed 03-Apr-19 16:18:03

I only got promoted at the beginning of the year so I’m new to this management stuff.
I had to pull one of my team in about their work (silly errors, sloppy work, could lose us money etc). I think I was pretty kind about it...explained that we all make mistakes, that I go through any training that they wanted but advised that they would now be monitored more closely until upper management are satisfied that there is no financial risk to the company. All seemed to be taken pretty well.
Now for the last 3 days I’ve been working with an extra from Kevin and Perry! Sulking, one word answers, pointless emails that could’ve been conversations, sighing dramatically, comedy sad face 🤦‍♀️
Any managers on here that might have some advice on how to deal with this? I’m going between trying not to laugh and wanting to haul them in and telling to grow the fuck up!

ivykaty44 Wed 03-Apr-19 16:21:52

Is the sulking affecting there work or other team members?

LoopyLou1981 Wed 03-Apr-19 16:36:55

Yes, I’m getting told by other team members that it’s bring the morale of team down. We usually have a bit of a chat and a laugh.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »