Talk

Advanced search

Mimi pill (TMI)

(5 Posts)
Burke1585 Wed 03-Apr-19 12:11:01

Hi all, not really aibu but this page get loads of traffic!! I’m on Noriday about 2 years now, since going on it my periods have stopped, no problem with that, delighted if anything!!! But for the last 6 months I’ve had spotting almost every second day, it’s not red in colour more very dark brown!! 😩 Is there anyone similar? I’m not due my next smear till November just wondering if I should book in for and earlier one? Now I know you can get spotting in between but this is literally every second day if not every day for the last 6 months!!! Just starting to get a little worried now!!!

Burke1585 Wed 03-Apr-19 12:13:36

*Mini, dam phone!!!!

Burke1585 Wed 03-Apr-19 13:30:54

Anyone???? 😢

hawaii507 Wed 03-Apr-19 13:53:47

I am not an expert but wanted to share and hopefully other people will come along with advice. I also had spotting every other day or so for six months (I wasn't on any contraceptive at the time). I went to doctors and asked for a referral to gyno which they did. I had a smear, ultrasound and bloodwork and nothing was wrong and it just stopped by itself. The gyno had no explanation but said it could have been related to my thyroid (I am underactive and take levothyroxine).

That was three years ago and I have had a baby since (so lots of checks) and another smear and still nothing wrong. I would suggest you ask for a referral to make sure and put your mind at ease.

I am currently on mini pill as I am breast feeding and doctor told me that I would have spotting on it and that it is normal but I would still advise you get checked.

Hope you get more replies soon.

Burke1585 Wed 03-Apr-19 14:24:22

Hi Hawaii, thank you for getting back to me! Maybe I should just ring the doctors and get an appointment. Hopefully it’s fairly normal, but maybe better to get it checked out!!!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »