Talk

Advanced search

to not get the big deal about Badedas?

(20 Posts)
JammyGem Tue 02-Apr-19 19:37:58

I've seen it recommended loads on here so when I saw Badedas bath gelee on offer in Boots, I thought I'd treat myself. I love a good long soak so though it would be great, what with all the good reviews and the high price tag. I usually stick to bath salts or just the cheap bubble baths. Occasionally I treat myself to a lush bath bomb. So this is real luxury for me!

I'm just a bit meh. I don't know what I was expecting but definitely more than this. Everyone says how lovely the smell is but it just smells a bit odd and medicated to me. It does foam up well though, so not all bad.

AIBU to not be very impressed?

malificent7 Tue 02-Apr-19 19:44:50

Yanbu...i got given one for Christmas once...meh springs to mind.

HeathRobinson Tue 02-Apr-19 19:52:59

I didn't realise they were still making it.

ShitAtScarbble Tue 02-Apr-19 19:54:22

This is still a thing? We used to buy Badedas for my Dad every Christmas. In the 70s. grin

Grumpasaurous Tue 02-Apr-19 19:54:52

I thought it just existed in Jilly Cooper land.

Fenjal however is lovely.

Ronsters Tue 02-Apr-19 19:55:29

It was the epitome of luxury in the 70s. I really like the smell, but rarely bother buying it. The gelee bit is a real 70s hang up

Siameasy Tue 02-Apr-19 19:57:52

I didn’t know it was hyped! Lol at it being a big deal as I always thought it was a bit old fashioned!
Glad you mention it tho cos I’m in pain (over did it with exercise) and wondering if there are any good bath things out there. I’m always disappointed

onthenaughtystepagain Tue 02-Apr-19 19:59:01

I bought the gel recently, years ago it was the epitome of luxury for me! What I find is that it makes the bath exceedingly slippy and at 71 I already find it a bit awkward to get out.

woodhill Tue 02-Apr-19 19:59:35

I always bought it for my df too every Christmas for years'.

Mummyshark2019 Tue 02-Apr-19 20:01:36

I didn't realise it was.a big deal. My parents used it when I was little Sonu have grown up with it and have always bought it as a grown up. I love the smell which is horse chestnut and it is lovely and fresh. Leaves the skin soft and you can use it in hair too. Love the stuff.

ZippyBungleandGeorge Tue 02-Apr-19 20:01:56

@Grumpasaurous fenjal smells like my gran! In a good way...

TellerTuesday4EVA Tue 02-Apr-19 20:02:10

YANBU someone bought me a bottle after having DD... while it was a lovely thought & I was grateful... it did nothing for me.

CassandraCross Tue 02-Apr-19 20:03:38

I love the smell of it, smells fresh and clean to me and not artificial like the supposed flowery scents.

Laiste Tue 02-Apr-19 20:04:56

Isn't it Prince Charles favorite? (God knows how/why i know that confused)

Grumpasaurous Fenjal is indeed divine! I have a love/hate relationship over loving it. It's so old fashioned - but gorgeous. My teen/20 DDs mock me for liking it .... but i have noticed the body spray in at least one of their handbags! Ha! grin

CassandraCross Tue 02-Apr-19 20:07:07

I agree it leaves your skin soft too Mummyshark2019 and foams well even in the limescale filled water area I live in.

Barbarafromblackpool Tue 02-Apr-19 20:07:45

I like it. So retro smelling.

JammyGem Tue 02-Apr-19 20:08:28

OK, looks like I'm not alone at least! Will have to check out Fenjal.

Badedas always comes up on the 'recommend me a bath product' threads. I'd never heard of it before, although my DM remembers the adverts growing up.

sanityisamyth Tue 02-Apr-19 20:09:16

My mother likes it but I don't get it either. Meh!

polarpig Tue 02-Apr-19 20:10:18

I love it, I might buy some soon. Fenjal is lovely too.

tinkywinkyshandbag Tue 02-Apr-19 20:19:34

I used to think badedas was glamorous and exciting but then I also thought a Vesta prawn curry and a vienetta was a cracking dinner.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »