Talk

Advanced search

To wonder why people buy clear dog poo bags

(148 Posts)
Littlefroggy18 Tue 02-Apr-19 17:56:13

I mean really...should they even exist?? Why why would you buy a clear one where you can see all the poo inside considering you usually have to walk some distance before you get to a bin?! The amount of people I see daily walking round with see through bags full of shit is ridiculous! Buy black ones!!!

AgathaF Tue 02-Apr-19 17:59:15

Does it really matter? We all know what's in the bag. I'm just glad when people pick it up and bin it.

Coulddowithanap Tue 02-Apr-19 18:00:42

I don't care as long as it's picked up and binned rather than being hung in a bush!

CuriousaboutSamphire Tue 02-Apr-19 18:00:51

Oh! Never occurred to me to look! I carry round whatever bag is cheapest, biodegradable and to hand! Don't care what colour it is!

TheNewSchmoo Tue 02-Apr-19 18:01:31

Maybe they've run out and are using a sandwich bag, or sandwich bags are cheaper. Who cares? Better than leaving it on the ground.

OutingOutlander Tue 02-Apr-19 18:03:10

We use nappy bags for our cats poop, and you can see it all pretty clearly. But they're cheap as chips, we have them for LO anyway and they are fragranced.

Smotheroffive Tue 02-Apr-19 18:03:19

You really are BVU to worry about that, over and above the billions of plastic bags thrown into world rubbish daily.

The world needs more plastic bags!! confused

golddustwomen Tue 02-Apr-19 18:05:11

Clear, pink, green whatever I don't give a shit as long as it's picked up. 80% of people where I live don't bother and quite frankly I'm fucking sick of navigating the pram and dd4 through it allangry

Littlefroggy18 Tue 02-Apr-19 18:06:07

Just a little bug bear of mine then! Never mind!

Springersrock Tue 02-Apr-19 18:08:17

I got caught out one day and ran out of poo bags (thought there was another packet - there wasn’t)

Had to use a couple of sandwich bags . It was grim

Palominoo Tue 02-Apr-19 18:08:53

I agree with you op! I've got three dogs and buy black bags.

Ihopeyourcakeisshit Tue 02-Apr-19 18:11:44

One would have to presume it was some kind of sandwich bag type of thing used as an emergency?
I've never seen clear poo bags for sale?

ComeTheFuck0nBridget Tue 02-Apr-19 18:13:24

I've never seen clear poo bags for sale but have used clear sandwich bags when I've accidentally run out! So YABU grin

PeoniesandPretties Tue 02-Apr-19 18:14:19

Omg yes! When walking behind someone carrying their see through bag of shit... Makes me gag lol although I'm grateful they pick up I just don't want to see it and imagining I'm inhaling it in the process!

SilviaSalmon Tue 02-Apr-19 18:16:25

I don’t like the black bags. I use light coloured.

With black I can’t see if there’s a smear of poo as I turn the bag round and I generally manage to get some on my hand envy <= not envy.

chandylier Tue 02-Apr-19 18:17:59

I’m with you op and I have a dog.
Even the green ones I find gross.
Also, find the nearest bin, some people walk for ages with it swinging around !

SwimmingBadger Tue 02-Apr-19 18:20:24

I use nappy sacks (white translucent) and yes you can see quite clearly what's inside. The white ones are 27p for 100 and the proper black dog poo bags are £1 for 100 in my local shop. I don't particularly like seeing the contents but we use a lot and I'd rather spend my money on other things

MenuPlant Tue 02-Apr-19 18:21:34

I'm more curious about why people hang the bags full of shit off trees and bushes? That's a theme where I live.

Doghorsechicken Tue 02-Apr-19 18:24:18

I use nappy bags because they’re far cheaper & scented. They are see through but I don’t look at it i just carry it to the nearest bin.

NotwhereIshouldbe Tue 02-Apr-19 18:31:58

You can get 300 nappy bags for 37p from Tesco, why would I waste £££ on black bags when they just end up in the nearest dog bin? Although some local councils do give free green dog poo bags out but personally I don’t have a problem with clear bags. But I have worked in kennels for two years and quite tolerant of clearing up dog mess!

Smotheroffive Tue 02-Apr-19 18:34:51

All the 000's of bags bought by pp just on this thread alone, what do you propose to stop using plastic?

Smotheroffive Tue 02-Apr-19 18:35:43

Yeah, why do some hang them up?

ForalltheSaints Tue 02-Apr-19 18:35:56

If they are not degradable or recyclable then OP you are correct in my view to object to them.

Celebelly Tue 02-Apr-19 18:44:03

Yeah I have to buy black. In the grand scheme of things, poo bags are a very minor expense in my life so I'll pay £1 extra to not have to see the contents swinging about. Also I try to buy ones made from recycled material that are as degradable as possible. And I want good quality ones so I don't put a nail through and end up digging in shite.

Smotheroffive Tue 02-Apr-19 18:55:57

Black plastic cannot go into recycling so should never be used.

We need to give up giving a damn about colour and worry just a tiny bit more about our impact on the earth of our choices.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »