Talk

Advanced search

To be annoyed at the post office?

(6 Posts)
TheGoogleMum Tue 02-Apr-19 17:53:37

I find they are never open the hours listed on the branch finder. They always close early. It really irritates me as I've had many wasted trips to different ones over the years! Is there genuine way to complain about this? What's the point is listing opening hours they don't actually open for? Usually it's within a shop and the shop opening hours listed but they refuse to cover post office services after 5pm half the time. Is it just me that gets annoyed about this?

niknac1 Tue 02-Apr-19 17:55:52

We have a post office within a pharmacy and it is open very long hours , we’ll passed 7pm so I suppose it depends on individual post offices.

TheGoogleMum Tue 02-Apr-19 18:00:14

I've just got back from one that says closed at 6 but it closed half 5. angry

slashlover Tue 02-Apr-19 18:08:21

Was it the shop or the Post Office hours which closed at 6?

Usually it's within a shop and the shop opening hours listed but they refuse to cover post office services after 5pm half the time. Is it just me that gets annoyed about this?

I worked in a shop with a Post Office which closed at 5:30pm when the shop closed at 10pm. We had no access to the post office and were not trained in any of the processes as they had to sign specific legal documents etc.

TheGoogleMum Tue 02-Apr-19 19:30:28

It's frustrating that the royal mail website lists the shop times as though it's the post office opening time though. The royal mail website does not separate shop and post office times so it is implied that's how late the services can be used

Still18atheart Tue 02-Apr-19 19:32:59

Yanbu I have discovered the opening hour issue with our local post office.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »