Talk

Advanced search

To be disappointed with the lack of help

(8 Posts)
stressednalone0 Tue 02-Apr-19 17:07:41

Genuinely need to know if I'm BU as I'm starting to get wound up.
Around the time of Valentine's, I reached out to my son's nursery for some extra help. They immediately got HV in for a meeting too, which led to HV calling SS.

Within 4 days, a lady from the social services came out to the house. Said there was a few things she'd be able to help with (housing being one of them) and my son's behaviour (have posted before about it)

I've just found out that she's left!!! Now we have a new social worker wanting to come out and I just want to tell them to go away AIBU?

I cried and I begged for help, I told them I didn't want to live, to take away my children. HV hasn't been out at all in that time and I've seen an EYP once. Who spoke about reward charts but I find them useless.
What was the point of speaking out? Trying to get over the feeling of being judged when nobody has come out to help anyway?

ZippyBungleandGeorge Tue 02-Apr-19 17:10:41

I know this is difficult but it seems the SW who came out hadn't followed anything up, they may have been sacked or not bothered because they were leaving, this is completely unacceptable. However please please engage with the new SW you were right to seek help, don't let one unprofessional person put you off.

stressednalone0 Tue 02-Apr-19 17:17:17

It's not just the social worker I'm disappointed with though, in almost 6 weeks the HV hasn't bothered to come out/text/phone just check up?
And an EYP has been out once?

If they can't help, I wish they'd just say that then I wouldn't of been reliant on them.
The behaviour I've had to deal with has been on going for almost 2 years now so I can't expect any of them will actually be able to do anything to help but I'm at breaking point and still nobody seems to care..

ItsMeJustMe Tue 02-Apr-19 17:35:02

You are under so much stress at the moment but just check, a referral to SS doesn't automatically mean a highly qualified SW unless high risk to the child due to neglect. It's more likely the worker you had was a trainee or family support worker who is graduating soon or withdrawn.

HopefulAgain10 Tue 02-Apr-19 17:37:48

Yanbu to feel very let down op but dont let this deter you from seeking help.
It's not the same situation but a while ago I needed therapy. I opened up about alot of deep stuff and the therapist didnt care. It set me back for a while till I tried again and found the right person.
The HV might have been useless, not sent through all information, etc and this effected the chain of help.

Nofilter101 Tue 02-Apr-19 17:39:16

I'm sorry you are going through this, it sounds like you are really struggling. From experience these people don't act with any urgency. They are over worked and don't have time unless you hound them or are in a serious crisis ( dv, kids obviously abused, drugs etc, even then they can be slow to act) they wont get back to you. Ring them daily to get what you need. Ask them the process, how it works and time constraints on actions by them. Sw are pot luck with what you get and there can be a high turn over.

stressednalone0 Fri 05-Apr-19 07:09:07

I just want help with my childs behaviour. My child who has physically tried to kill his sibling but nobody cares.

HV was actually around today to weigh my youngest (haven't seen her since mid feb) and she's leaving in the next few weeks!!!
She said a new face will be in to see us and I told her not to bother sending somebody else. That is our THIRD health visitor in a year
What's the point?

stressednalone0 Fri 05-Apr-19 07:10:12

By today I meant yesterday blush

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »