Talk

Advanced search

Update on 'I'm at my wits end'

(9 Posts)
Maggie134 Tue 02-Apr-19 15:02:38

So after posting here in September on how terrible things have been between my husband and me due to his depression, verbal abuse etc I finally put him out yesterday. I don't know if it is temporary or permanent but due to his supreme self-righteousness and stubbornness I suspect the latter. Any advice on how to look after myself in the future is greatly appreciated.

Eliza9917 Tue 02-Apr-19 15:34:17

I've just read your original post. Well done. Make sure its permanent.

marvellousnightforamooncup Tue 02-Apr-19 15:51:21

Good for you. 👏👏👏

SilverySurfer Tue 02-Apr-19 16:05:46

Very happy for you OP - I hope it's permanent and you can once again enjoy life.

Motoko Wed 03-Apr-19 02:31:03

What specifically do you mean by "look after myself in the future"?

After reading your previous thread, I do hope you don't take this man back. He's abusive. You need to do the Freedom Programme and get some counselling for yourself.

colehawlins Wed 03-Apr-19 02:32:56

Well done.

Make it permanent, for your own sake.

Maggie134 Wed 03-Apr-19 20:07:01

Motoko I just mean how to keep my determination not to go back to that place no matter what happens and how not to go into a slump. I'm afraid the loneliness will kick in and I'll start drinking or something.

Motoko Wed 03-Apr-19 21:15:38

Well, the Freedom Programme should help with that.

Have you got any interests that you could find local groups for? Knit and Natter, Book clubs, history or art societies etc. It would do you good to have some things to get you out of the house, so you don't sit brooding, and you can meet like minded people for company.

Take up a course, or do some volunteering. Get a cat!

You also need to learn to love yourself, so you don't mind being on your own.

JaneEyre07 Wed 03-Apr-19 21:21:36

Sounds like a great start to your new life OP.

Just don't look back.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »