Talk

Advanced search

To take breastfed baby to the ivy ?

(81 Posts)
dontfollowmeimlosttoo Tue 02-Apr-19 09:57:04

Hi ,

My baby is 5 weeks old , breastfeeding has been tough for us from the beginning ! Poor latch , cracked nipples etc anyway found out he had posterior tongue tie , division done last week . Latch still hit and miss feeds can be hard ( he slips off ). Anyway we will keep going been assured it's gets better ..

What I find funny is family member fully aware of this and know my struggles at feeding in public ( constantly re latching whole boob out ) so am only really going to groups or places with parent room to feed private.

Anyway she asked me if I would like to go to the ivy for breakfast it seems abit random as baby will only be 7 weeks . Would you guys go and hope for a private room ?

Vulpine Tue 02-Apr-19 19:18:15

I'd breast feed practically anywhere so yes would go 100%

KaliforniaDreamz Tue 02-Apr-19 19:43:33

spanishwife it still made me laugh.

onthenaughtystepagain Tue 02-Apr-19 20:09:12

With their prices I would request a room.

At their prices I wouldn't want to be at the next table to a grizzling baby who is struggling to feed! It's hardly a Wetherspoons, it's a very adult environment.

SinkGirl Tue 02-Apr-19 21:43:23

Going to Le Gavroche next month and now quite scared... haven’t been anywhere really fancy in ages.

Anyway, I don’t know much about The Ivy in Birmingham - from the comments here it’s neither fancy or expensive so that’s not an issue. The only issue is whether you’ll be able to relax or not.

Vulpine Tue 02-Apr-19 21:50:26

Onthenaughtystep - I could understand if you didn't want to be around babies in a restaurant at dinner service, but for breakfas - like the baby - you'd just have to suck it up.

acciocat Tue 02-Apr-19 22:11:28

I had no issues with bf in public places but I don’t think I’d have wanted the stress of wondering if the baby was going to cry and be unsettled. Nothing worse than having to abandon a tasty meal because you need to take a crying baby out

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »