Talk

Advanced search

To think this was poor customer setvice

(10 Posts)
Worzilgummidge Mon 01-Apr-19 22:02:32

So today my dh was on a job and needed a particular tool he had forgot to take.
I ran down to a local tool shop picked it up and took to the tills to pay.
2 staff where present one was on the till dealing with a customer and this was taking staff member quite some time.
This staff member knew I had been waiting a while and asked the other staff member who was unpacking a delivery to serve me.
This staff member refused saying she can't I'm dealing with a delivery.
So inside I started raging as my dh needed this tool sooner rather than later. I called dh and said in front of the staff sorry I'm held up waiting to be served. At this point I then said to the staff unpacking the delivery do you think that you could come and serve me to which she replied no I'm unpacking a delivery and then carried on defiantly with what she was doing.
The other staff member then served me whilst still dealing with his customer and also having to chat on the phone. Would you have said anything in this situation.

dementedpixie Mon 01-Apr-19 22:10:22

Customers have priority over deliveries. Can you complain to the retailer

Peterpiperpickedwrong Mon 01-Apr-19 22:14:59

Depends on what was on the delivery, what sort of shop it was and, realistically, how long you were waiting.

If the staff member had taken delivery of restricted items then it could be, that due to either company policy or legality, they were not able to just drop everything to be at your service. Some items can’t legally be left.

Quite some time could be a couple of minutes -2 -4 which is a pain but acceptable- or 27 minutes which would be totally unacceptable and would have given the person plenty of time to store the delivery and come back to serve you.

Phoning with the intention of pointing out you were being held up is a bit rude to the poor person in front of you that couldn’t immediately help you, why couldn’t you just address them in person rather than having a P.A phone call about the situation? Just say to the delivery dealing person “well if you can’t serve me could you call someone that can please?” Rather than calling DH?

DonnaDarko Mon 01-Apr-19 22:17:40

How long were you waiting?

Not the best customer service buy YABU if it's like 5 minutes

Worzilgummidge Mon 01-Apr-19 22:19:12

I was stood for around 15 mins

Princessmushroom Mon 01-Apr-19 22:35:46

Why on earth did you stay there for 15 mins? I would have left and gone elsewhere or kicked up a fuss

Sleepsleepsleep12 Mon 01-Apr-19 22:35:58

You buying those tools, keeps them in a job!

They obviously have a disgruntled employee. I would take it further, check on the bottom of the receipt usually there’s a feedback survey you can do online!

Or email the manager!

Tbh ! It’s just rude!

StoneofDestiny Mon 01-Apr-19 22:46:16

What a tool the staff member was. (Sorry 🙄)

IamtheDevilsAvocado Tue 02-Apr-19 03:24:23

By standing there you're reinforcing their poor service... I would have just put the tool on the desk and left...saying loudly.. I can't wait any longer to be served!

k1233 Tue 02-Apr-19 04:04:22

Must say I went to a known lighting store. Walked around looking at things I was interested in, waiting for a sales person to assist me. One sales person was having a personal chat to someone in the store, the others saw me looking and kept avoiding me. I got pissed off after 20 minutes and went to leave. The only assistance I received in the whole time I was in the store was someone telling me how to open the door to leave. I was absolutely ropeable! I got online, found the store and contact us information and sent a scathing email. Informed them I was looking to spend $2k + (was updating all lighting and multiple ceiling fans) and told them I would never enter one of their stores again. Got a prompt reply saying they were disappointed with my experience and regional manager would contact me to discuss my needs. I told them I wasn't interested. I am happy to pay more for good service. If service is poor I won't shop there.

So I say complain!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »