Talk

Advanced search

To have cried in Sainsburys?

(56 Posts)
Bellag79 Mon 01-Apr-19 17:47:40

I have just attempted to do some shopping, I have a prolapsed disc in my neck and had to take my dog in for an operation this morning.

I an in so much pain and worried about my dog and just totally lost it. Please tell me that I am not an idiot but just really struggling at the moment.

GreatDuckCookery Mon 01-Apr-19 17:49:03

If course you’re not. Sounds awful for you.

supersop60 Mon 01-Apr-19 17:49:14

Of course you're not an idiot. It sounds really difficult for you at the moment. Do you have support IRL?

MikeUniformMike Mon 01-Apr-19 17:49:42

You're not an idiot. Just going to Tesco is enough to make me want to cry, and I don't have a prolapsed disc or an unwell dog. Hope you and DDog are feeling better.

NoTNoShade Mon 01-Apr-19 17:50:11

Of course not. I’ve cried all over the place. You are allowed to have emotions.

I hope your dog gets better soon.

Jenb2104 Mon 01-Apr-19 17:50:14

Of course you're not an idiot. It sounds as though you've got a lot to deal with at the minute.

I hope you're feeling better soon and I hope your dog is OK and home soon. Take care of yourself flowers

DaveCoachesgavemetheclap Mon 01-Apr-19 17:50:28

No you're not an idiot at all. You're in pain and worried about a member of your family. Sending flowers

HoofWankingSpangleCunt Mon 01-Apr-19 17:51:51

You're not an idiot. <Gently pats arm>
I know how awful neck pain is and worry over a pet isn't any fun at all.
If it makes you feel better, I've cried in Lidl on more than one occasion so at least you're in a higher class establishment.
I hope your dog has a good outcome.

HoofWankingSpangleCunt Mon 01-Apr-19 17:52:42

Also, do you have any support irl ?

Bellag79 Mon 01-Apr-19 17:53:46

Thank you so much everyone, it's my first post but have always found everyone's responses so lovely.
Yes I am fortunate and have my sister coming over tomorrow to help with my children and dog.

NannyRed Mon 01-Apr-19 17:54:05

Oh sweetheart, of course it’s ok for you to be upset and overwhelmed. Pour yourself a cuppa, try to relax (I do realise that’s not easy in your circumstances) and fingers crossed for you that your wee doggie is ok and home with you soon.

flowers for you and a virtual hug.

Bellag79 Mon 01-Apr-19 17:59:31

Thank you, it's difficult because the medication they want me to take means i can't drive but with work and school runs its not an option.

MrsDrudge Mon 01-Apr-19 18:00:39

You aren’t an idiot at all - just in pain, anxious and worried. You had to go to Sainsbury’s when you really wanted to be home, painfree and cuddling your dog. It’s so easy to feel overwhelmed sometimes.
I hope your dog recovers and you feel better soon x

AdoraBell Mon 01-Apr-19 18:05:03

Definitely not unreasonable.

Glad your sister is able to help. Hope you get some relief from the pain 💐

Bellag79 Mon 01-Apr-19 18:05:32

Thank you he should hopefully be home tomorrow, it was meant to be today but he started having seizures after the general anaesthetic so they want to do more bloods and observe overnight. Fingers crossed as he is only 1.

MrsMozartMkII Mon 01-Apr-19 18:08:24

Definitely not an idiot! In pain and worried, which is a recipe for crying. Have a gentle hug. Hope dog and you heal quickly and well.

polarpig Mon 01-Apr-19 18:10:33

Not idiotic at all, I cried in the supermarket when I couldn't open a carrier bag.

sonlypuppyfat Mon 01-Apr-19 18:11:06

Be a bit more kind to yourself, you were worried about your dog and you're in pain. Of course you cried. I hope it gets better soon

Springwalk Mon 01-Apr-19 18:14:29

flowers

LakieLady Mon 01-Apr-19 18:19:08

I'm not surprised you cried with so much going on. Pain seems to make any other concerns so much worse.

flowers for you and a gentle hug for your dog. Make sure you take care of yourself, as well as everyone else.

puppy23 Mon 01-Apr-19 18:21:16

I've cried in Sainsburys many a time. Sending love to you and DDog

ilovesooty Mon 01-Apr-19 18:21:46

You've a lot on. Glad your sister is supporting you and I hope you and your dog feel better soon.

DuckbilledSplatterPuff Mon 01-Apr-19 18:24:51

flowers You are NOT an idiot.. it sounds really grot. Can you get an online shop sorted and stuff bloomin Sainsburies.
If its any consolation I did this once at the doctors, It came from nowhere and it really surprised me. It was when I limped in to GP have a large operation dressing changed as ordered by the hospital, no appointments for three weeks and when I feebly asked what I should do instead she snapped go back to the hospital to tell them so.
Sometimes it just happens when we are feeling unwell or vulnerable. Can you get any help for a few weeks until you are over the worst?

booellesmum Mon 01-Apr-19 18:25:34

I hope you and your dog both feel better soon.
I have been known to blub in Sainsburys on occasion so I truly sympathise.
(The worst one was after my Dad died and I walked past the fudge - it was his favourite)

CosyAsAToasty Mon 01-Apr-19 18:25:53

I've cried in worse places than that!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: