Talk

Advanced search

AIBU about loud oversharer in my office?

(11 Posts)
MadameDD Mon 01-Apr-19 16:10:23

AIBU re loud oversharers?! Got an oversharer in my office - in our team of approx. 20 people she's the one person that will overshare about anything and everything e.g:-

* her hospital appointment the other week, how it made her late etc, everything bar the actual procedure but swear she may have told us about this too given encouragement.

* colleagues' work hen party she was involved with - why weren't people involved with it as she was and Cedric (not his real name) was so great organising her own hen party 2 years ago etc?

* how great she is at her work and how important her role is, how said hen (who's getting married) has been texting her (on her now official holiday) - like who the fuck cares?!

* her puppy - so it's cute... just a fucking puppy!

I think I need headphones don't I? Doesn't help we're in a fairly small open plan office space but moving soon. Occasionally if she's really pissing me off I wind her up. OMG another thing - she says 'Berkshire' as in 'berk - like idiot' not 'bark like in trees'. scream

adulthumanwolf Mon 01-Apr-19 16:26:31

I thought this was going to be about me 10 minutes ago going mad at one of our systems. 😬

MadameDD Mon 01-Apr-19 16:30:18

adulthumanwolf - if it's someone going mad at a system that's fine.

This woman just seems on constant play cycle and to be honest it's mindless drivel.

I wouldn't mind so much only my other colleagues aren't anywhere as near as loud - quite quiet in fact.

Streamside Mon 01-Apr-19 17:46:42

Our oversharer has genius children, best husband in the world and there's a list of reasons to back that status up, exercises better and more vigorously than any of us and has a list of people who told her she'd pass for 30.

moofolk Mon 01-Apr-19 18:03:11

You're lucky. Our oversharer mainly talks about her love life.

Which is never going well.

Susanna30 Mon 01-Apr-19 18:48:22

Doesn't sound that bad.

MarieIVanArkleStinks Mon 01-Apr-19 19:05:58

People who love the sound of their own voices are not going to change. And a confrontation is unlikely to help in this situation; you'll just appear the unreasonable one. To spare your own blood pressure I agree about the earphones: I can recommend the noise-cancelling variety which are great for tuning out anti-social behaviour. I now won't go anywhere near a plane or train without mine. Sadly most forms of transport these days are arsehole magnets as well!

Wouldn't it would be funny if others in the office were to do the same thing!

EmeraldShamrock Mon 01-Apr-19 19:10:09

Mindless drivel drives me insane, I learnt from one friend she constantly goes on & on & on, I can to zone out, I can see her mouth moving while I make plans in my head.

Awwlookatmybabyspider Mon 01-Apr-19 19:11:06

"Its just a fuckin puppy".

WTF disses puppies. That's not natural, sorry.

Awwlookatmybabyspider Mon 01-Apr-19 19:12:36

"Our oversharer used to talk about her love life."

You know what they say about empty vessels.

MissCalamity Mon 01-Apr-19 19:21:21

Oh God, I used to share an office with an oversharer, nothing was off bounds. She even told us about the time her adult DD got a tampon stuck up her shock Every detail of her illness, every conversation she had with her family over the weekend.

Thankfully she retired & I got moved to an office on my own, hooray! However there's been talk about making it all open plan sad I really hope that doesn't happen as I've got so used to my own company now.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »