Talk

Advanced search

Aibu moving area and dd to another school

(11 Posts)
Litttlepinkegg Mon 01-Apr-19 15:48:17

I need the truth I feel so conflicted. DH is very black and white on the matter but my head is a mess (lots on my plate atm).
Anyway we moved to a specific pricey area based on the amazing local school.
Dd year 1 and school not amazing now. Results declining, no head for 18 months, dd has had issues with a boy hurting her and she is one of 10 girls in class of 31.
The area is also declining more antisocial behaviour. We also have nightmare neighbours.
We have the option to move dd to a village school and potentially move house too. Class would be 22 pupils results good supposed to be a nice little school.
It’s a no brainer but I feel conflicted. Dd isn’t happy but isn’t unhappy either and she’s doing well academically.
Why can’t I make a straightforward decisionsad

Litttlepinkegg Mon 01-Apr-19 15:54:45

So aibu not being able to make a decision was my question I suppose

Walkingdeadfangirl Mon 01-Apr-19 16:19:56

Yes YABU, just move house or you will spend the next several years regretting not doing it. Sounds like you have little to lose and lots to gain.

Unless there is more to the story of course.

Litttlepinkegg Mon 01-Apr-19 16:45:21

Suppose my reasons for not is hoping that the school might improve with new head as dd has some nice friends there or hoping area might improve which seems a bit daft but it would be nice to be able to stay put. Rather than starting at a new place.

LovingLola Mon 01-Apr-19 16:48:26

School 1 was supposed to be amazing
Now you think school 2 is supposed to be good
What will happen if it doesn’t live up to your expectations?

ommmmmmG Mon 01-Apr-19 16:49:14

Have you looked into the secondary options where you are and where you're thinking of moving to?

FrenchJunebug Mon 01-Apr-19 16:52:02

YABVU your DD is only in Y1 and has had so many problems already. She has 5 more year of this! I would move. It's really a no brainer.

LittleOwl153 Mon 01-Apr-19 16:53:59

On my dd's experience I'd move her based on the number of girls in the class alone. As they get older and the boys/girls split if a girl falls out there is nowhere to go within the group. For my dd this has got nasty /bullying but nothing school can do.

Nicecupofcoco Mon 01-Apr-19 16:54:02

I say move!
I agree that any school can be turned around, but the fact you say your dd is being hurt by another child would help sway my decision, as well as the anti social behaviour in the area.
I love the small village schools, smaller classes! Nice community feel.
I understand its a hard decision to make, as you probably don't want to rock the boat, but if your not happy I say go for it!
Dd is young enough to settle!

Litttlepinkegg Mon 01-Apr-19 17:15:47

Exactly Lola this school has declined dramatically what happens if lightening strikes twice.
owl yes that is potentially starting to happen queens bees emerging etc they all rub along pretty nicely now but do wonder when they get older the less friendly options may be a problem. Same issue in other class in current year group both 10 girls and boys are double

Litttlepinkegg Mon 01-Apr-19 20:00:28

Reading another thread about outstanding schools now getting requires improvement I would not be at all surprised if this is the case for dd’s school but doesn’t that mean they will have to start making positive changes or am I being naive?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »