Talk

Advanced search

Glasto when pregnant..

(63 Posts)
mummasboy Mon 01-Apr-19 13:14:02

I know I am being COMPLETELY unreasonable but

Am I bonkers to want to go to Glastonbury festival when 36 weeks pregnant?!

I need voices of reason to tell me that I am being ridiculous/it will be too much etc

It's my favourite place on earth and would love to be able to tell my son his first Glasto was in my tummy! blush

Silly, I know

luckyrabbits Mon 01-Apr-19 19:46:54

I wouldn't, dirty loos etc not worth risk of getting an infection. Pregnant and balancing over a long drop - nope!
I've been to festivals in early pregnancy but wouldn't contemplate at 36 weeks

Awittyusernameishardtofind Mon 01-Apr-19 19:49:15

Also the line up isn’t great..

queenrollo Mon 01-Apr-19 19:54:30

@Wallsbangers they have fully qualified midwives on site and she would be taken off site to the local hospital which is equipped for births. The infrastructure at Glastonbury is actually really efficient.

OP - how far do you live from the site? I didn't go the summer I was pregnant as it's 5 hours from home for us. If I could get off site and home in a couple of hours I would probably do it.
The NCT tent (bottom of Kidz Field) are amazing and the Radical Midwives up in the Greenfields are also an amazing resource for pregnant women. Both places have room for you to rest/nap.

Kennehora Mon 01-Apr-19 19:58:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Awittyusernameishardtofind Mon 01-Apr-19 21:48:24

I had morning sickness up until I had my baby

snarfblatt Mon 01-Apr-19 22:04:17

I was still going to gigs and carrying equipment for the band at 38 weeks and while I was uncomfortable (and had some contractions at the last one I went to) I was glad I was still doing stuff I loved and not just sat at home. I'd do a festival for sure but only if I was within an hour or so of home - otherwise the journey and distance from my home comforts should baby turn up early would make me nervous!

I did joke about going into labour at a metal gig but in hindsight am so fucking glad that didn't happen as being in a shitty pub would have been the pits. Sounds like Glastonbury has some great facilities though so not such a concern!

AnneEyhtMeyer Mon 01-Apr-19 22:05:00

At 36 weeks I went to John Lewis to buy some last-minute bits and bobs for my baby. We parked and went in and I never got further than the toilets. Every time I left the toilets I needed to go back. We came home with nothing.

Stay at home near the loo and watch it on telly.

Smotheroffive Mon 01-Apr-19 22:15:55

I wouldn't buy a ticket till very close so you know how comfortable or not you are.

There certainly are amazing MW there who will look after you very well,but as you've been before you'll know the risks of getting knocked about and how physically draining it can be. If you're not sleeping anyway then its just as easy to not sleep there!

I managed very well in high heat, and didn't have bladder frequency issues, and would have been happy to birth there if needed,but you do have to be prepared, and take extra comforts.

It really depends what you expect I guess.

Mumsymumphy Mon 01-Apr-19 22:22:31

Is this your first pregnancy? I was hospitalised at 36 weeks (3rd DC) with polyhydramnious, i was the size of a house and couldn't sleep, walk or get on and off the loo without help. Methinx you would be crazy to go at that time! Even with a normal pregnancy everything is 10 times harder by that stage. Don't chance it.

SAMlady Mon 01-Apr-19 22:31:04

I wouldn't, I skipped it at 39 weeks as was sure the walking would have bought on labour and didn't want to give birth there as go with friends, but DH.

Do people really pee in long skirts - eugh!!!

feelingsinister Mon 01-Apr-19 22:37:26

I think not going is a good decision. I do know people who have been when pregnant but not that far along.

I know the festival very well and I wouldn't do it.
It's fucking massive and tiring.
The weather is usually one extreme or another. Really fucking hot or really wet IME.
Toilets-urgh.
Trying to get comfy in a tent-urgh.
People pushing and shoving especially at night.
It's a magical place and the healthcare on site is brilliant so I'd have no concerns there but you'll probably be exhausted and a bit miserable.

feelingsinister Mon 01-Apr-19 22:39:56

@Smotheroffive the last time you could buy a ticket close to the time was 2008 after two really wet years. No chance of making your mind up closer to the time unless you're happy to lose the ticket price.

AngeloMysterioso Mon 01-Apr-19 22:45:19

I’m going but I’ll only be 23 weeks. I tend to stick to the compost loos mainly anyway and my shewee has been a game changer!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »