Talk

Advanced search

To be massively pissed off?

(20 Posts)
Changednameforthisthread1 Mon 01-Apr-19 00:43:27

I don't 'do' Mothers Day. Never have. Always made a point of Father's Day though.
Nothing I do for fathers day is enough. Presents, cards, birth of dc3
This year dh made a massive deal about mothers day being about me. I don't lift a finger, it's about me.
Meals cooked, it's about me...

I was woken at 8am with ds12 on xbox in bedroom above me. Ds8 (sen) made me cold toast and told me to go to sleep.

Couldn't sleep, took dcs to my mother's, cards cake etc, left dh to sleep as he was 'exhausted'

Get home. DH says he's taking ds12 shopping for ingredients for tea. They go to the pub to play pool instead.

DH comes home thinking it's hilarious he missed the shop. Dd is devastated. I've done 3 loads of washing in the mean time and am still sitting up, waiting for the last load. Dh is snoring his head if after ranting about me..

ilovesooty Mon 01-Apr-19 00:49:41

Your husband really does sound like a selfish twat. I'd be pissed off too about him going shopping for tea, going to the pub and finding it funny.

SleepingStandingUp Mon 01-Apr-19 00:53:07

Is he generally a dick or did he just try hard today?

Ds8 sounds like a sweetie

So did you get any proper food?

Smotheroffive Mon 01-Apr-19 00:53:07

I think your DH is pretty cruel to his DC who want to do something for their DM on mothers day, its a lovely feeling for them, no matter whether you want it or are bothered, DC get pleasure from it, and its a good thing to encourage.

What a shit your notso DH is.

Changednameforthisthread1 Mon 01-Apr-19 01:09:38

Just went to check on the washing. Dh has pulled it all out of the machine, half in the washing basket. Don't know if it's washed or not so had to put it back in. Ds8 and dd4 uniforms are in there so I'm up for an hour at leasg

Changednameforthisthread1 Mon 01-Apr-19 01:10:28

Least

Duck90 Mon 01-Apr-19 01:17:18

Is it not obvious which items were in the wash and which weren’t? Plus school clothes would a priority wash, rather than the final one on a Sunday night?

Meandwinealone Mon 01-Apr-19 01:24:05

You don’t know if something has been washed??

get off your martyr horse. My mother used to do this and all I thought was you’re a fucking fool. I had zero respect for her.

Merryoldgoat Mon 01-Apr-19 01:29:04

I’m guessing he’s always like this. Why are you putting up with it?

BecauseYouAreWorthIt Mon 01-Apr-19 01:35:04

You and your children deserve better.

ThumbWitchesAbroad Mon 01-Apr-19 01:39:23

MASSIVE fucking projection from Meandwinealone there - ignore!

If wet washing has gone on top of dry washing, some of it will be damp/wet as well, so no, it will not be easily obvious which has been washed and which not!

Foul comment from you.

Your DH is a dick though. I'd not bother with next Father's Day - or just do what he did for today - promise much and deliver fuck all.

ThumbWitchesAbroad Mon 01-Apr-19 01:39:59

from "you" meaning Meandwinealone, not OP, sorry.

BloodsportForAll Mon 01-Apr-19 02:22:19

Fuck fathers day in return.

And possibly LTB? I mean, seriously, is he like this all year round? You don't need a cunt like that.

PyongyangKipperbang Mon 01-Apr-19 02:25:51

Oh of course!!!

The issue isnt the selfish prick of a husband but the OP not doing the "priority" washing in time...

FFS hmm

Why are you with this complete arsehole OP? He doesnt even sound vaguely likeable never mind loveable, so why are you putting up with him? I am willing to bet my left boob that he is a cunt every day but just especially bad on any of your days. I bet he is weapons grade on your birthday isnt he?

PyongyangKipperbang Mon 01-Apr-19 02:28:02

Oh and fwiw, I do the uniforms on a Sunday night, I put them in at 7pm so they are done when I finish work and then dry as I am winding down so I can just lay them out without needing to iron them. They have just finished in fact.

WhereYouLeftIt Mon 01-Apr-19 02:57:45

"Always made a point of Father's Day though."
Fuck that shit. Stop it. Really - stop it.

JamAndCroissants Mon 01-Apr-19 03:02:38

Fuck off to the pub on Fathers day...

Margot33 Mon 01-Apr-19 03:12:29

I always do all of my washing on Saturdays to free up my Sundays. Maybe next time just order a nice takeaway.

Decormad38 Mon 01-Apr-19 03:50:10

Well you are married to a tosser op. He’s going to carry on unless you make changes like leave him!

NutElla5x Mon 01-Apr-19 04:13:27

Your husband is a selfish twat,but I don't see what the washing has got to do with anything. Take yourself off out on father's day in future, and if you are struggling to keep on top of the washing leave your husband to do his own,if he doesn't already.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »